Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2023, 01:19 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times

Advertisements

Michelin has added 8 Miami restaurants of interest to its guide which could result in some of them receiving a Michelin Star(s) and/or Bib Gourmand award when it officially announces its 2023 winners in a few more months.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/restau...rants-16310088

https://guide.michelin.com/us/en/art...-february-2023

Glad to see Fiola was one of the 8; I really enjoy my meals here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 05:57 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Real question is how much they paid to get the recognition

Old 02-10-2023, 06:36 AM

Some cities, states and countries—not just Miami and FL—have sponsored (paid) Michelin to cover the guide’s expansion costs and have inspectors come to their respective area and review their restaurants.

This does not guarantee a specific restaurant or specific number of restaurants will receive a Michelin star or Bib Gourmand designation.

Which restaurants of the 8 new ones have you eaten at do you think might or might not receive a designation when the 2023 guide comes out?

Michelin remains the most influential, if not only, dining guide in the world and it helps increase tourism of those cities, states and/or countries with Michelin restaurant designations.

Last edited by elchevere; 02-10-2023 at 06:58 AM..

Old 02-10-2023, 07:59 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Michelin has added 8 Miami restaurants of interest to its guide which could result in some of them receiving a Michelin Star(s) and/or Bib Gourmand award when it officially announces its 2023 winners in a few more months.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/restau...rants-16310088

https://guide.michelin.com/us/en/art...-february-2023

Glad to see Fiola was one of the 8; I really enjoy my meals here.
Pumped about Walrus given the same owners as Boia De! Really loving all these updates!

Old 02-10-2023, 08:10 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Some cities, states and countries—not just Miami and FL—have sponsored (paid) Michelin to cover the guide’s expansion costs and have inspectors come to their respective area and review their restaurants.

This does not guarantee a specific restaurant or specific number of restaurants will receive a Michelin star or Bib Gourmand designation.

Which restaurants of the 8 new ones have you eaten at do you think might or might not receive a designation when the 2023 guide comes out?

Michelin remains the most influential, if not only, dining guide in the world and it helps increase tourism of those cities, states and/or countries with Michelin restaurant designations.

Hard truth, I don't think ANY Miami restaurant is Michelin worthy... only reason why they went to Miami was cause the city and state paid for it and it's booming like never before. But food wise and price wise, I'm never satisfied. I get better meals for less $$ at hole in the walls than "top tier" ones

Old 02-10-2023, 08:21 AM

I trust you think Thomas Keller’s Surf Club is no better than a Sysco supplied Landry’s chain restaurant??….BTW, not all Michelin restaurants run $200-500 per person. Past ones, under $50-75 I’ve eaten at elsewhere include Lucali (Brooklyn) and Minetta Tavern NYC. Locally, Los Felix and Boia de are reasonable; even Cote for lunch.

I appreciate value as much as the next guy but there are special events and/or, in the past for me, corporate expense account when I enjoyed going out to such restaurants with clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post
Hard truth, I don't think ANY Miami restaurant is Michelin worthy... only reason why they went to Miami was cause the city and state paid for it and it's booming like never before. But food wise and price wise, I'm never satisfied. I get better meals for less $$ at hole in the walls than "top tier" ones

Last edited by elchevere; 02-10-2023 at 08:35 AM..

Old 02-10-2023, 09:57 AM

I should’ve added earlier clearly there are more than enough people (residents and tourists) to support all the good restaurants that have opened here—expensive and reasonably priced ones. I don’t think Keller, Major Food Group and others have moved here under the impression they’ll be closing shop in 6 months for lack of customers who cannot afford their restaurants.

I know some, not CXT, on CD think Miami is impoverished like Tijuana and base their misguided and uninformed opinion solely on reported W-2 median income which is but only one of many economic indicators of the city/county’s wealth.

Last edited by elchevere; 02-10-2023 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: