Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 AM

93 posts, read 329,907 times

Advertisements

CiXel that's funny, I live in a lennar built home as well. I also rent this house and I noticed after a day that when I opened the blinds, the walls were patched up and crooked (I am the first tenant, and the first the live in the neigborhood as this was a new development). Even now, the walls are cracking. I also had the garbage problem, as the trash was not being picked up because no one else was living in the neighborhood, I would throw my garbage in the "lennar construction dumpster," and they would get angry. Anyhow, I also have the fire ant problem.

People like to believe they are interested in art here b/c it's the trendy thing to do. (This coming from a designer...that is why I am also moving back to the NW, where design/art is appreciated and isn't only done for money. And no I am not a hippie.

Going back to the "fake" subject, a guy driving a Bentley GT Coupe lives across the street in a $200,000 townhouse, and another one lives next to him who drives a Ford GT supercar.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Boom View Post
yes

water parks
bowling alleys
mini golf
go karts

do your research
Bloom, you have just listed "things to do" that I can find in ALABAMA haha. Do you go ride go-karts every Friday with your school buddies? Awww. Please at least list interesting things to do.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:12 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
PNW2007, youre not in the waterstone complex are you?

the fireant problem sucks. in the summer i had to put vaseline on the poles where the bedframe touches the ground or the fire ants crawl up the frame and bite you in your sleep. id remember waking up from a deep sleep feeling a pain and rubbing my hand on the spot and crushing something and then feeling it start to burn.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:49 AM

I'm in Fort Lauderdale, along the riverside area. (Riverfront/Las Olas)

Old 01-10-2007, 11:01 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
ahh so im even deeper into latin america than you are =P

Old 01-10-2007, 11:07 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW2007 View Post
CiXel that's funny, I live in a lennar built home as well. I also rent this house and I noticed after a day that when I opened the blinds, the walls were patched up and crooked (I am the first tenant, and the first the live in the neigborhood as this was a new development). Even now, the walls are cracking. I also had the garbage problem, as the trash was not being picked up because no one else was living in the neighborhood, I would throw my garbage in the "lennar construction dumpster," and they would get angry. Anyhow, I also have the fire ant problem.

People like to believe they are interested in art here b/c it's the trendy thing to do. (This coming from a designer...that is why I am also moving back to the NW, where design/art is appreciated and isn't only done for money. And no I am not a hippie.

Going back to the "fake" subject, a guy driving a Bentley GT Coupe lives across the street in a $200,000 townhouse, and another one lives next to him who drives a Ford GT supercar.

I thought you said you lived in million dollar homes neighborhood. Across the street is not part of your neighborhood anymore?
I thought there was water across Las Olas Blvd. but there's a neighborhood?
PNW, what ever made you come here to this town full of a$$ backward illiterates?

Old 01-10-2007, 12:15 PM

If you know anything about S. Florida, especially Fort Lauderdale, you will notice that new developments are popping up everywhere. It is not unusual to have a street of million dollar homes (along the New River) and right across the street are condos or townhomes. And what I said was I live in a million dollar neighborhood b/c there are 14 homes (next door about 13 feet from me and beyond) that are priced over 1.5 million. I am renting a $700,000 home on the river & yes I am glad I did buy this place. Lennar builds homes, townhomes, and condos.

If you knew the area well in enough, you will se plenty of $1 mill houses right next to government housing.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:24 PM

I meant "i'm glad I didn't buy his place." And also you "THOUGHT" right. It's called a river, not an ocean. The front of the house faces towards what we call a STREET and across the street is a NEIGHBOR. NEIGHBORS = NEIGHBORHOOD. Following?... Than behind my house is called the NEW RIVER along LAS OLAS and BROWARD BLVD. Hope that clears things up buddy.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
PNW, what ever made you come here to this town full of a$$ backward illiterates?
I ask myself the same thing.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW2007 View Post
If you know anything about S. Florida, especially Fort Lauderdale, you will notice that new developments are popping up everywhere. It is not unusual to have a street of million dollar homes (along the New River) and right across the street are condos or townhomes. And what I said was I live in a million dollar neighborhood b/c there are 14 homes (next door about 13 feet from me and beyond) that are priced over 1.5 million. I am renting a $700,000 home on the river & yes I am glad I did buy this place. Lennar builds homes, townhomes, and condos.

If you knew the area well in enough, you will se plenty of $1 mill houses right next to government housing.

Well, if you know anything about South Florida too, you know that just about anything can cost a million bucks but now you really got me. Are you renting a $700K home or did you buy it? Maybe you're renting out your home and are playing landlord? I dunno.

But you didn't answer my question about why on earth you came here at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami