Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:19 AM

52 posts, read 52,819 times

Advertisements

Areas you do not want to miss while vacationing in Miami:

- Little Havana - Cuban-influenced area. Mainly to be visited during the day. It has become a major attraction and it growing rapidly. I recommend you to take a taxi/uber up to Ball and Chain and wander around from there. The main attractions right by Ball and Chain are: Domino Park, Azucar, Ball and Chain itself, Casa Panza, El Pub, etc. The most popular Cuban restaurant is Versailles and it is located more toward the west but on Calle 8, approximately an eight-minute drive from Ball and Chain.

- Wynwood: - An artsy area that features a lot of graffiti-painted walls. You will like this area if art in general interests you. They have some exhibits out there, probably the most well-known is Wynwood Walls. You have good restaurants there like: GK Bistronomie, KYU and R House. There is a Lock and Load not too far from WW if you are down to shoot some fire weapons.

- Mary Brickell Village - This is definitely a more swanky area. There you could check out Brickell City Center, a luxurious mall full of high-end stores and restaurants. I highly suggest you check out the East hotel which is the newest hotel in the area, with a rooftop lounge called Sugar that I personally love.

- Bayside Market Place - The starting point to a lot of tours and also an iconic place within downtown Miami due to its proximity to the American Airlines Arena, its casual restaurants and its souvenir shops. You could do the Millionaires Row Boat Tour which departs from there every day.

Feel free to PM me for more recommendations. Hope this information is helpful. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 07:16 PM

7,742 posts, read 6,518,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
Publix
Can't go wrong with Publix

Old 06-19-2017, 09:42 AM

345 posts, read 270,407 times
Casa de los Trucos, buy this costume:

And then, head to Versailles.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,887,386 times
Chicken Kitchen in Kendall, sit in the same seat as OJ Simpson once did, but no joke their food is awesome.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:49 AM

5,028 posts, read 7,487,696 times
Since it's a delayed honeymoon - The Forge would be a great place to have dinner one night.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:02 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Chicken Kitchen in Kendall, sit in the same seat as OJ Simpson once did, but no joke their food is awesome.
Chicken Kitchen for lunch, then maybe the finest Applebees for dinner. Excellent way to experience Miami.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:12 PM

620 posts, read 1,077,216 times
Miami has a plethora of dining.... I usually like to go local cuisines. I don't go to Miami to have a NYC experience.
Unfortunately, you need a car to visit these. I love local Miami cuban cuisine from the hole in the wall places.

In the NW there is a Nicaraguan place... OMG if your a foodie you MUST get their steak and combo plate.. so good and cheap. I like Jamaican ( alot in Broward too) and Trinidadian. Colombian is a must if in Kendall and suprisingly Peruvian is a good option in this area ( not many peruvians in miami) .

Spend a day in the everglades ( which is slowly vanishing) and then on your way back up to miami .. get a " Robert Was Here" milk shake ( Key lime) and then some mexican food from Homestead since this is where most mexicans live. Look for a place that serves mexican Pozole and you are in for a treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami