Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2006, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 7,568 times

Advertisements

Hello All living in FL:

i am very new in this forum...

in few months, i am relocating to Miami, FL...can you please help me in the direction of finding a SAFE, CLEAN place to rent in the south miami, kendall, dade, or coral gables areras?

i need to know how and where i can start looking online or what newspaper to check for renting a studio or 1 bedroom.

thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2006, 08:16 AM

9,365 posts, read 14,316,531 times
You should be successful in the areas you mention.

Here are some starting points:

http://www.apartments.com/partner/ar...unsent&prvpg=2
http://miami.craigslist.org/apa/
http://www.sa.miami.edu/commuter-affairs/off-campus-housing/frmSearch.aspx (broken link)
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...rt=zip&order=2
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/classifieds/real_estate/rentals/ (broken link)
http://www.forrent.com/search/search-zipcode.asp

However, best is to drive/walk around neighborhoods and talk directly to owners, preferably long-time owners, not someone who has bought in the last two or three years, and negotiate.

Avoid "professionally" managed rental communities, unless you like being stiffed with fees, potentially unruly neighbors, and possible damage to your car.

Unless it's a high class one, say in Coral Gables, but it'll be expensive and they'll stick you with fees too. If you have adequate income, it might be worth it to rent a studio there.

Avoid real estate agents unless you know an honest one through a close relative or friend. Actually, they're not all that bad, and one could be helpful if you are in a hurry and you don't mind not finding the best possible price.

Again, for a studio or small 1 bdrm it might be worth it to spend a little extra in a good neighborhood for something nice, clean, safe, and hopefully close to work, making your experience in the Miami area that much more pleasant.

All the best.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:23 PM

18 posts, read 150,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA777 View Post
Hello All living in FL:

i am very new in this forum...

in few months, i am relocating to Miami, FL...can you please help me in the direction of finding a SAFE, CLEAN place to rent in the south miami, kendall, dade, or coral gables areras?

i need to know how and where i can start looking online or what newspaper to check for renting a studio or 1 bedroom.

thank you in advance.

As far as the Miami-Dade area, some places you may consider looking into would be Miami-Lakes, Aventura, Sky-Lake, Golden Beach and Palm Springs North areas. Best thing is to do your own research on various places; check out the crime rate, etc. Good luck on your search and relocation.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:24 AM

30 posts, read 429,555 times
if you are going to move to miami, your best bet if you want lower crime rates would be the southwest side of the city. (like around; coconut grove, coral gables, south miami, kendall and anywhere south of that.) from my research on crime rates/areas, many of the badly crime/drug infested areas of miami are located on the northwest side of the city, especially in the neighborhoods of; little havanna, little haiti, hialeah, and especially opa locka.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:31 AM

12 posts, read 72,206 times
new areas of kendal and homestead are nice - by the new hospital.

prices are reasonable - but the traffic

OMG - the traffic is terrible

1.5 hours to get out of kendal to miami airport area ONE WAY

and forget about it if there is rain - double your commute time.

best of luck

Old 11-14-2006, 08:43 AM

9,365 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pithhelmet View Post
new areas of kendal and homestead are nice - by the new hospital.

prices are reasonable - but the traffic

OMG - the traffic is terrible

1.5 hours to get out of kendal to miami airport area ONE WAY

and forget about it if there is rain - double your commute time.

best of luck
Do you hear any talk of extending the Metrorail west towards Kendall and south towards Homestead?

Even if planned, I know it would take years, but it would imply some hope for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami