Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:17 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,831 times

Advertisements

This is a problem when developers are allowed to cram houses in so close together and parking is not even an afterthought. My renter neighbors think nothing of driving over my lawn to get into their driveway rather than move the car that is in the way. I've caught it on my security cameras so I know they're doing this.
It is a problem here that people don't respect others property or things. It shows in the way people will just throw trash anywhere. No pride in their neighborhood or city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:41 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Plant a row of trees, problem solved.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:58 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Tell them in pointing language to not park on your yard. Say "No Caro on my lawno"

Old 05-16-2015, 03:13 PM

798 posts, read 1,459,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0yjyvwvy0 View Post
I live on a corner lot. One of the benefits is I have no neighbors to my west. However the house across the street to the west is always being rented.

The new tenants have taken it upon themselves to park on my side of the street which kills my lawn, and I find garbage on that side of my yard all the time, I live in a semi rural neighborhood with limited access so I know it's them dumping their beer bottles and bags on my lawn.

I have tried talking to them but they only speak Spanish and I guess they either did not understand or are ignoring my plead to stop parking there. Their lot is equally sized as mine, they have plenty of room to park several cars but choose to litter and park across the street on my lot.

It's frustrating but do I have any options? It's also a great inconvenience when I need to mow the lawn and there is a car parked impeding me to cut the grass under it. It just seems like such a lack of common courtesy. Oh an I live in the redlands area in homestead so not really Miami.
Let me guess, do they have Caribbean accent? Well, call the police...!

Old 05-17-2015, 09:48 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
At my parents home I got so fed up with cars parked on the swale that I excavated it to a depth of 18 inches and filled it with Everglades muck. Then instead of grass I topped it with green mulch. A daily dose of water from a pipe buried underneath and the fun begins. Every one of their cars, and a UPS truck were stuck so bad that they had to be towed out. After a while they learned not to park there. Oh and that is beside the time someone just happened to sideswipe their BMW with a rusted out Dodge truck.at 3 AM.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:55 PM

131 posts, read 132,250 times
Unfortunately, many residential neighborhoods in Miami-Dade County are slowly turning into 4th world slums ..., single family homes being rented out to 3-4 families and/or individuals at a time with tons of vehicles, which are an eyesore, not being moved for months at a time, craploads of their visitors parking all over the place (even in the middle of the street for minutes at a time, blocking the flow of traffic), lawns turned to dirt driveways, loud cockroach music, taking shopping carts from store lots & leaving them abandoned on the greenways or sidewalks 4-5 at a time..., being outside shirtless every night & creepy stares..., soon there will be urinating on the sidewalks at all times of the day or night, streets & sidewalks, even neighbors yards littered with beer cans & bottles (Natural Ice, etc.) ..., ..., unless you live in a truly exclusive neighborhood such as Pinecrest, Coral Gables or the such..., this is the future in Miami-Dade County ..., sad to see decent working class neighborhoods slowly deteriorate before my very eyes ...,

Old 05-19-2015, 11:36 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,725 times
If the county will allow you to plant trees in the swale this is the best option. The only other option is rub dog poop in the grille of the car so when they are going down the road the smell gets into the car but I never said to do that. In the old days we would put a dead fish on top of the engine. Those suggestions are mean and not to be taken seriously.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:30 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
Ok for folks to know, since hubby works for the county and he is knowledgable about this. Once you plant a tree in the swall, it is dade county property, meaning if you plant a tree that is damned indangered you CAN NOT remove it. You will be fine and have to replace said tree.

IF you plant a tree make sure you do it with Miami dade county which will give you free trees and will Pay it if you have to remove it for what ever reasons.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:37 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Is Miami the only major US city where you park on the swale in residential areas because there is no proper curbside parking? You even see apartment buildings with residents parking on the swale! I have not noticed this in other cities (though to be fair, I don't spend much time driving through their residential areas either).

Old 05-20-2015, 09:13 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
Is Miami the only major US city where you park on the swale in residential areas because there is no proper curbside parking? You even see apartment buildings with residents parking on the swale! I have not noticed this in other cities (though to be fair, I don't spend much time driving through their residential areas either).
From my travels, most cities and their suburbs have included room for parking when designing streets. You have say, a 2 lane road and there will be enough room for cars to park along the curb along with room for traffic flow. In Miami, parking was never considered when the streets were built, nor are there any curbs on many residential streets. I'm not sure what the thinking was when designing Miami's streets without curbs or room for parking, maybe there was a good reason back in the day, but it doesn't work in today's overcrowded Miami streets.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a case where Miami - Dade has been sued by the family of someone who's been run over while walking on a sidewalk, an accident that could have been prevented if there was a curb in place to redirect the cars wheels from the pedestrian walkway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami