Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,344 times

Advertisements

I have an interview in the Miami area soon and need some solid information about the area, in case I am offered the job. It seems that for every good thing I've read about each neighborhood or surrounding city, there are 10 or 20 reasons not to live there.

If offered the job, I would be working just west of Miami International Airport in Doral. So I am looking for a house to rent (not a condo/apartment) either north or west of this area.
I am looking for a safe, boring, quiet neighborhood, and I don't care about schools (no kids). A short commute would be a plus.
It looks like you need to pay between $2,000-2,500/mo to rent a decent house in south Florida, so I'm prepared to do that.

Any opinions of the following areas, relative to the above criteria would be welcomed:
-Doral
-Hialeah Gardens
-Miami Lakes
-Palm Springs North
-Miramar
-Pembroke Pines

Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 08:12 AM

564 posts, read 746,868 times
Only thing missing in that western suburbia hell is Kendall, but yes, if you want safe, boring and quiet those are good choices.

You want to avoid as much traffic as possible so why not just stay close to the airport and live in Doral? Either that or Miami Lakes. PP is too far.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:56 AM

27 posts, read 33,861 times
If you go with Miramar just make sure you stay West of I 75....Well really Pembroke Pines also. If you are willing to pay $2000+ you shouldn't have any problems. Just be careful because looks can be deceiving. I like Hialeah gardens and Miami lakes and you may actually be able to find a house for less than 2000 there but it is a very Spanish speaking area just FYI. I love Pembroke Pines but Hialeah Gardens would be a much better commute. I think Doral is pretty nice also but I've heard looks can be deceiving there as well. Really if you stay out of the apartments in those areas you should be pretty good ( not to say all apartments are bad) but even in gated communities you may want to spend a day hanging around inside the area to see who your neighbors are.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:58 AM

179 posts, read 325,297 times
Check out Miami Springs. Pretty quiet, safe area just north of the airport.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,721 times
Tamiami is also a nice area a little South and West of Doral. It should be a very easy 10 mins commute on NW 12 street any place in Doral. Depending on your work hours, it might be a nightmare going from I-75 to Palmetto to go to Doral. I did this for 3 years and opted to move to Tamiami area. And yes, Spanish is mostly spoken in that area but that should never be a deal breaker. I have never spoken a word of spanish and have not had any problem living in Tamiami. Homes in Doral at the price range you are talking about will be much smaller than comparable ho,es in Pembroke Pines, Mirarmar and even Miami Springs. Doral has much newer homes though.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,344 times
Thanks everyone for the valuable input!

Old 03-21-2015, 09:12 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl5112 View Post
Check out Miami Springs. Pretty quiet, safe area just north of the airport.
That's my choice too. Miami Lakes is nice in some areas as well. Doral is a traffic disaster and stack and pack extremely ugly. Avoid it at all costs. Hialeah Gardens varies from nice to Hialeah treeless crap.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:05 AM

278 posts, read 316,649 times
I know you want something north or west, however i would suggest coral gables if your looking for a very short commute. The area is extremely safe and is very upscale. What I love most are the prices for renting the houses. I graduated from the UM a couple years back and could easily find amazing houses for the price range you mentioned. Also commute to Doral is maybe 10-15 minutes ( especially if you live in the gables close to 8th street). Just my 2 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami