Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 AM

33 posts, read 122,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Have you looked at buying a house in Homestead? I think there are a lot of good buys out there now. I mean the city of Homestead...not the Redland which is in unincorporated Miami-Dade County. BTW, I have lived down in this area for 35 years.
It looks like most homes for sale in that area are around $40k needing some work, and its not very private, some areas look kind of rough, some areas dont seem to have much of a lot to store a boat or build a garage. Actually, this post gave alot of insight on low cost living in Florida.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...bile-home.html
basically saying that what I want is in middle florida, hours away from a major city.

I really like the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade, its private and rual, but not far from the big city for shopping and boating. but the zoning is pretty stringent, most likely the land would be for investment purposes unless you have cash to build on it, or get a mortgage and buy a house, then you have to think about high insurance costs due to the hurricane prone area. $$$$$, I dont know, maybe I should just rent a slip in a marina and fly in lol.

Last edited by 1899; 05-10-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami