Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 PM

12 posts, read 32,854 times

Advertisements

Hi, I will be visiting the Miami area next week and have some questions on what to pack. I've been to the area several times before but always in the summer. By checking the weather fotcast I see it'll be in the 80s. I know humidity makes it feel warmer so I'm wondering if I need to wear only summer clothes like sundresses, shorts etc or if I will feel ok in jeans, tank top and flipflops. I don't want to be miserable and sweltering. Do people generally wear jeans this time of year? I will be coming from the NW so we are still in sweater mode over here, lol. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 08:28 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
You see... we don't have seasons here, only summer all year long. So pack whatever you have for summer.

Don't wear jeans!!

Old 04-16-2011, 08:40 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
don't wear jeans unless you're going to be indoors the whole time

summer clothes

Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
I would bring a sweat shirt or a light jacket...for no matter how warm it is outside...many of the restaurants are down right cold...it might even get a little chilly at night...bring the jeans...

This is not my opinion...but my wife's...for every time we have gone down there she has either had to buy or wish she had brought a light jacket...jeans...sweats...or something warm to wear...like she says...the bars...and restaurants are cold at night...especially after sitting in the sun all day tanning...for you skin says hot...but your body says cold...have fun and stay warm...

Old 04-17-2011, 05:56 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
You can bring jeans. Many people wear them all year long. I personally don't dress like I just came back from the beach. I don't wear flip flops or shorts unless I'm heading to the beach. Personally I dont think it makes a difference, the weather here can be quite unbearable. Just avoid being outside for extended periods of time from March through October between 11-4 pm.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:57 AM

769 posts, read 1,730,065 times
You could bring jeans of they're more comfortable for you, personally I don't mind wearing jeans this time of year, I guess I'm used to the heat lol. Seeing as your from the NW though, it will be a lot hotter here than you've probably ever seen back at home, so I would also bring your summer clothes. You should still bring other clothes like jeans and a T-shirt so you don't freeze to death inside restaurants and stuff. But that's up to you, I would bring jeans since I usually get really cold with shorts if its under like 70 degrees, which will happen indoors. By the way, it won't get chilly at night. Maybe since you're at the beach you'll have a nice sea breeze, but it will all be warm ass air lol. If you see it's like high 84 low 75 (for example) that usually means it's 84 at noon, around 81 at night. The temperature usually starts dropping at around 3 am, so it's really cool in the early morning, but around 10-11 pm it will still be hot as hell.

Good luck and enjoy your time here!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:00 AM

221 posts, read 452,953 times
I wear jeans in the summer. No problem.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:42 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
We're on a different latitude here and the sun is intense. It may be 85* but feels hotter on the skin than what most of us are accustomed to coming from other cities. Bring sunblock, a hat and maybe a loose long sleeve shirt in case you get sunburned and still want to hang out on the beach. It's usually windier on the beach than the city. Comfy walking shoes of course and have fun.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
I don't know why people are suggesting to not wear jeans... If you look around, most people wear pants and not shorts.

Bring whatever you want to wear here, you'd be comfortable in anything besides sweatshirts. Itll be low to mid 80s.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:46 AM

12 posts, read 32,854 times
Thanks for all the replies. I will probably take 1 pair of jeans and a hoody sweatshirt just in case. That can be my airport outfit. I guess the weather won't feel much different then when I've gone in the summer. I'm also bringing my 2 year old daughter and I don't want her to get too hot. Looks like sundresses are the way to go (and easy and small to pack). Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: