Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 01:11 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,000,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
oh, c'mon. Please. The cartel responsible just issued an apology for the gang members who acted on their own.
They have genuine concern and a heavy heart.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...icans-97743075

All in all it's a very nice and surprising gesture by the Tamaliupas cartel against their rogue members.

Another American lady walked across the bridge into the same today or yesterday for liposuction.
Many local Texans go there for pet treatments too.
It's like saying anywhere in Chicago, Baltimore, or L.A. are dangerous to enter.

And, no I'm no visiting there, Chicago, Baltimore or L.A.
You cannot compare Baltimore or Philadelphia open public drug use to Mexico.

I would think Mexico would have hundreds of people on the street doing drugs and high in public compared to say Baltimore or Philadelphia.

People moving from Mexico to Baltimore or Philadelphia probably think that is nothing like what it is like in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2023, 04:06 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,477,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
You cannot compare Baltimore or Philadelphia open public drug use to Mexico.

I would think Mexico would have hundreds of people on the street doing drugs and high in public compared to say Baltimore or Philadelphia.

People moving from Mexico to Baltimore or Philadelphia probably think that is nothing like what it is like in Mexico.

It is weird, I have been coming to Mexico for a few years now, spent as much as a year at one time, but rarely less than 3 months each visit and I don't recall seeing or smelling anyone using drugs, well, maybe I have seen some tourists who were high as a kite, but, so far that's it.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:31 PM

273 posts, read 104,412 times
Anyone wanting a safe Mexican destination might want to consider Merida in the Yucatan.
Pretty city with historic architecture and museums and not far from the Mayan ruins and the beach.

Story is that some time ago the heads of the Mexican drug cartels wanted a safe town for their families to live in and they chose Merida.

Merida is the 2nd safest city in North America. I believe Quebec City is the safest. Which means that Merida is safer than ANY American city. The homicide rate (I think per 100,000 people) is 0.2 compared to 30 for Washington DC.

I've heard that the police do not look like an American SWAT team and that women go jogging after dark - alone!

Apparently, the drug cartels have made sure Merida is safe. Maybe like organized crime USED to do in Las Vegas.

Old 04-20-2024, 11:03 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,390,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
...The US is extremely tough on (petty) crime...
The great majority of violent crime in America goes unsolved.
To put it another way, most US crimes, from murder to common theft, are unreported, and the great majority of crimes that are reported aren’t solved.
Most murders in the US are unreported? That's a pretty extreme claim. The US is extremely tough on all levels of crime, not just petty crime.
Not every crime in the rest of the world is reported or solved, either.
We still have the highest percentage of our population behind bars in the world. We aren't easy on crime by any stretch if the imagination.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 04-20-2024 at 11:12 AM..

Old Today, 07:50 AM

5,722 posts, read 4,312,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
To put it another way, most US crimes, from murder to common theft, are unreported, .

If they aren't reported, how does anyone know they are the majority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico