Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 07:25 AM

35 posts, read 166,743 times

Advertisements

If you were ever at a juvenile facility as a teen,m and if you were pregnant when you were sent there, and the pregnancy was terminated (maybe they said you had a miscarriage), tell us about it.

I think that maybe some teen girls got sent to juvenile facilities, and were pregnant at the time. And I think that maybe their pregnancy was terminated and they were lied to and told they had a miscarriage.

I feel this would have been a form of abuse, and especially if the girl was not aware that this was even happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 07:43 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familysearcher View Post
If you were ever at a juvenile facility as a teen,m and if you were pregnant when you were sent there, and the pregnancy was terminated (maybe they said you had a miscarriage), tell us about it.

I think that maybe some teen girls got sent to juvenile facilities, and were pregnant at the time. And I think that maybe their pregnancy was terminated and they were lied to and told they had a miscarriage.

I feel this would have been a form of abuse, and especially if the girl was not aware that this was even happening.
I think you are in the wrong forum.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:24 PM

5,326 posts, read 6,012,751 times
Quote:

I have no specific knowledge about the juvenile facilities performing abortions, but I wouldn't be surprised. After all, there was a time when it was not uncommon to sterilize "juvenile delinquents" without their consent. I had a cousin who was sent to Montrose in the 1950s but, AFAIK, she never had a miscarriage or abortion while institutionalized. OTOH, a lot of **** happened at Rosewood.

FWIW, for a short time, I provided legal help to residents at one of our juvenile facilities. I heard nothing about "miscarriages" or involuntary abortions. And yes, this would have been, at a minimum, abuse.

Old 04-16-2024, 12:54 PM

188 posts, read 153,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think you are in the wrong forum.
This person has been posting this exact same question all over the place for quite some time, with no takers. I think everyone should continue to ignore it . . .

Old 04-16-2024, 05:57 PM

5,326 posts, read 6,012,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmmcubed View Post
This person has been posting this exact same question all over the place for quite some time, with no takers. I think everyone should continue to ignore it . . .
What?! No one needs to know the reason for her inquiry. If you and Quick Enough don't care to read her posts, both of you should block her.

Old 04-17-2024, 06:20 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
What?! No one needs to know the reason for her inquiry. If you and Quick Enough don't care to read her posts, both of you should block her.
" you should block her."
That is the coward's way out.

I don't block ANYBODY!

The post was made.

I gave my OPINION on the post, just as you are.

That is what this forum is for.

What is YOUR problem?

Can't handle people having a different opinion then yours?

Old 04-17-2024, 08:38 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Can't handle people having a different opinion then yours

That's why I added lenora to my Ignore List long ago

Old 04-17-2024, 05:40 PM

Apparently some pepe want to know why I asked these questions.
When I was 16 years old I ran away from home to escape sexual abuse from my step-father, that had been going on since I was about four years old. He repeatedly told me that one day we would be really having "adult sex". I knew that the 'age of consent' was 16, so I got away from him before he could do worse to me.

So, when I ran away I lived with some friends I had met and was involved with a young guy about my age.

My mother and stepfather actually reported me to the police as a juvenile delinquent (even after I had already reported the abuse to the police myself).

So, back then was way different than today. Today, he would probably have been arrested. And since he also abused my half-sister AND the daughter of his second wife, maybe he would have actually been punished! But, back then it was different, and eventually I was found and picked up by the police, held at Pine Street Station, welt to juvenile court (no representation of course) and sentenced to be sent to a juvenile facility.

When I was take to the facility in the first couple of days I had a "pelvic exam, (something I had NEVER had in my life. The very night of the "exam" I woke up bleeding and in severe pain. I was taken from the facility in an ambulance, to a hospital in downtown Baltimore. I was NOT in any regular exam room that I have ever seen, it was a lot more like a parking garage! And there were two guys there in hospital clothes. I remember hearing one say, "is was a boy".

So, I was pregnant when sent to the facility. I had no idea and do not remember any knowledge of my condition. And, since ONE DAY after being sent to the facility I had a "miscarriage", I think anyone can understand why I think it was really an ABORTION, performed by the 'doctor' who gave me the exam at the facility.

And since I have recently heard of several lawsuits being field against similar juvenile facilities in MD, with allegations of forms of abuse, and since I feel that it is statistically IMPOSSIBLE that I am the ONLY female sent to one of those facilities pregnant and who subsequently had a "miscarriage:, of curious I want to know if I am alone in this.

And all this happened over 60 years ago. But I can still vividly remember the trip to the hospital in the ambulance, the words of the medical guy, the trip back to the juvenile facility in another ambulance, the fact that it had snowed at about the same days, the fear when I woke up bleeding like a stuck pig, the panic when I could not stand the pain any longer and walked out of my 'room' at the facility and notified the people in charge what was happening to me, and the fact that once I had been taken back to the juvenile facility I was segregated from the other inmates for several days, then put in another building, not the one I was initially in and where the horror started.

So, now this is why I would like to hear form others who had a similar experience. Maybe it would help me deal with these memories better. And I strongly believe that if those in charge of juvenile facilities claim no other girl ever had such an experience, they are flat out LIARS!!!

Old 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM

So, to ANY woman who EVER had such a cruel thing happen when in the custody of the state, just knowing that you were not alone, I hope this helps.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:10 PM

6,998 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Apparently some pepe want to know why I asked these questions.
When I was 16 years old I ran away from home to escape sexual abuse from my step-father, that had been going on since I was about four years old. He repeatedly told me that one day we would be really having "adult sex". I knew that the 'age of consent' was 16, so I got away from him before he could do worse to me.

So, when I ran away I lived with some friends I had met and was involved with a young guy about my age.

My mother and stepfather actually reported me to the police as a juvenile delinquent (even after I had already reported the abuse to the police myself).

So, back then was way different than today. Today, he would probably have been arrested. And since he also abused my half-sister AND the daughter of his second wife, maybe he would have actually been punished! But, back then it was different, and eventually I was found and picked up by the police, held at Pine Street Station, welt to juvenile court (no representation of course) and sentenced to be sent to a juvenile facility.

When I was take to the facility in the first couple of days I had a "pelvic exam, (something I had NEVER had in my life. The very night of the "exam" I woke up bleeding and in severe pain. I was taken from the facility in an ambulance, to a hospital in downtown Baltimore. I was NOT in any regular exam room that I have ever seen, it was a lot more like a parking garage! And there were two guys there in hospital clothes. I remember hearing one say, "is was a boy".

So, I was pregnant when sent to the facility. I had no idea and do not remember any knowledge of my condition. And, since ONE DAY after being sent to the facility I had a "miscarriage", I think anyone can understand why I think it was really an ABORTION, performed by the 'doctor' who gave me the exam at the facility.

And since I have recently heard of several lawsuits being field against similar juvenile facilities in MD, with allegations of forms of abuse, and since I feel that it is statistically IMPOSSIBLE that I am the ONLY female sent to one of those facilities pregnant and who subsequently had a "miscarriage:, of curious I want to know if I am alone in this.

And all this happened over 60 years ago. But I can still vividly remember the trip to the hospital in the ambulance, the words of the medical guy, the trip back to the juvenile facility in another ambulance, the fact that it had snowed at about the same days, the fear when I woke up bleeding like a stuck pig, the panic when I could not stand the pain any longer and walked out of my 'room' at the facility and notified the people in charge what was happening to me, and the fact that once I had been taken back to the juvenile facility I was segregated from the other inmates for several days, then put in another building, not the one I was initially in and where the horror started.

So, now this is why I would like to hear form others who had a similar experience. Maybe it would help me deal with these memories better. And I strongly believe that if those in charge of juvenile facilities claim no other girl ever had such an experience, they are flat out LIARS!!!
Thank you for specifying, and VERY sorry for that experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland