Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 09:36 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,006,088 times

Advertisements

What is the area @ Annapolis Towne Center like? There is a condo complex there which I think is actually in the Towne Centre that looks pretty nice, although HOA fees are quite high and it appears there is no green space which is a bummer if we get another dog. Is the Towne Centre thriving/vibrant?

Are there any other good areas to look for condos either in Annapolis or outskirts? Prefer one floor. In a safe area where a woman would feel/be safe walking a dog at any hour of the morning or night?

With the HOA fees as high as they are we'd be looking at 400K max budget. We're fine with something in the 800 sf range, 1 BR/1.5 bath. Prefer a newer complex with amenities but open to all possibilities. The location is more important than it being newish but also don't want a fixer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 11:49 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Is that the one at the intersection of RTE 2 and Forest Drive?

If so then your greenspace is on the roof.

I'm assuming you've not looked in person. That building was originally marketed fifteen years ago as "upscale and exclusive". It's not far from some questionable areas. It's also not within Annapolis city limits but an area called Parole.

I have no clue what vibrant or thriving means.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Is that the one at the intersection of RTE 2 and Forest Drive?

If so then your greenspace is on the roof.

I'm assuming you've not looked in person. That building was originally marketed fifteen years ago as "upscale and exclusive". It's not far from some questionable areas. It's also not within Annapolis city limits but an area called Parole.

I have no clue what vibrant or thriving means.
Thanks. Vibrant means people out and about day and night, thriving means not a lot of vacant stores.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:43 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
https://annapolistowncenter.com/

https://annapolistowncenter.com/directory/

https://www.mallscenters.com/malls/m...s-towne-centre

It's a mall with high end condos on top.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:41 AM

35 posts, read 28,786 times
Rich condos for rich people.
Also I love that Target there, Paper Source, Anthropologie and Whole Foods.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet87 View Post
Rich condos for rich people.
Also I love that Target there, Paper Source, Anthropologie and Whole Foods.
Are there any areas with nice condos not for rich people in a less sketchy area?

The condo advertised was 392K so I didn't think it was just a complex for rich people, but not interested in the area if it's not safe or even if it's questionable.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:20 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,565,832 times
Google Annapolis crime statistics and take your pick.
I don't believe the center itself is sketchy, it's got a Whole Foods and other high-end retailers. I can't speak to the immediate surroundings.
It's about two miles from the actual town center, called City Dock (very touristy), and not a particularly pleasant walk, lotta traffic.

Old 09-10-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Google Annapolis crime statistics and take your pick.
I don't believe the center itself is sketchy, it's got a Whole Foods and other high-end retailers. I can't speak to the immediate surroundings.
It's about two miles from the actual town center, called City Dock (very touristy), and not a particularly pleasant walk, lotta traffic.
Are there other towns around Annapolis the might be safer?

Old 09-10-2021, 04:35 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,565,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Are there other towns around Annapolis the might be safer?
Suburban hoods more than actual "towns", but condos will be in relatively short supply there, and on balance for other reasons they are less attractive than Annapolis which is where you'll find most condos.
You should budget some time for a visit.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Suburban hoods more than actual "towns", but condos will be in relatively short supply there, and on balance for other reasons they are less attractive than Annapolis which is where you'll find most condos.
You should budget some time for a visit.
Thx. Planning to, but will likely not be until next year as I've just been diagnosed with cancer. Trying to get a game plan in place as to what specific areas might be worth seeing so we don't waste time. Seems like then Annapolis is it? Guess we will check that out and Montgomery County, possible Howard County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland