Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 01:58 PM

4 posts, read 5,064 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else notice that every other car seems like it has one of those extremely loud mufflers on it.. Cars sound like lawnmowers or chainsaw going up and down the road. They rev their engines in the middle of the night making incredible loud noise. From a stop they go full speed in first gear until it about redlines then they let off the gas so the back pressure makes their exhaust even louder with the pops and cracks ..On top of that there is this group of people on first bikes that ride the streets in the evening, riding wheelies up and down the road, and they pass by others cars here in this 30 mph zone. This is on Frederick Street I am talking about , where it goes goes out towards funkstown. Everyone flies up and down the road at warp speed and its only 30mph. Where are the cops at to get these speeders, and dirt bike and four wheeler rides.. or writing citations for people to get rid of their modified mufflers because of it violating noise ordinances. It just seems out of control. Who do you even contact to complain about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 05:00 PM

7,008 posts, read 11,301,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romapizza49 View Post
Does anyone else notice that every other car seems like it has one of those extremely loud mufflers on it.. Cars sound like lawnmowers or chainsaw going up and down the road. They rev their engines in the middle of the night making incredible loud noise. From a stop they go full speed in first gear until it about redlines then they let off the gas so the back pressure makes their exhaust even louder with the pops and cracks ..On top of that there is this group of people on first bikes that ride the streets in the evening, riding wheelies up and down the road, and they pass by others cars here in this 30 mph zone. This is on Frederick Street I am talking about , where it goes goes out towards funkstown. Everyone flies up and down the road at warp speed and its only 30mph. Where are the cops at to get these speeders, and dirt bike and four wheeler rides.. or writing citations for people to get rid of their modified mufflers because of it violating noise ordinances. It just seems out of control. Who do you even contact to complain about it?
If cars are flying down your road well above the speed limit, contact the police (city or sheriff depending on city limits or county road) and let them know. If there is a school nearby, mention it. Either way if you ask that a speed trap be set up there, you may get some response.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:02 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,772,702 times
I'm in NoVA but it's happening more and more here too - super annoying.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:38 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,532,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I'm in NoVA but it's happening more and more here too - super annoying.
Ditto that. Have heard it when we pull up to red lights around the area. Also, most often when I go out in back yard. We live sandwiched between the old Rt 9 and the bypass section of it. I think there's a car in our neighborhood with a bad muffler too. Perhaps intentional as well.

Some time ago I had been behind one of those pick up trucks with these huge exhaust pipes
and every so often would release these plumes of nasty dark clouds with a terrible smell. I almost choked on that.

Another car had wiper fluid spray back over the top of the car roof and it lands on your front windshield. Can't determine if that is defective/broken or intentional. Annoying.

Last edited by cat1116; 07-05-2021 at 06:50 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 05:14 PM

13 posts, read 12,826 times
Lol, sounds very much like Hagerstown.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:29 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
You're complaining about 4 cylinder Hondas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2L8Tw-8IQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland