Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:19 AM

841 posts, read 1,401,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1994 View Post
Shane's Rib shack will be joining Jersey Mike's at the new plaza coming to 4617 Hartley Bridge Rd.
This will be its 2nd Location in Macon, its also putting another location at the New North Macon Plaza under construction off of Bass Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:31 PM

242 posts, read 340,677 times
North Macon Plaza on target to open as early as September
Macon’s newest shopping center, the North Macon Plaza, is nearing completion with construction. Officials say tenants are on schedule to open beginning as early as September.

North Macon Plaza is a 166,465 square foot shopping center located at I-75 and Bass Road.

The plaza will include:

Marshall’s/Homegoods
Michaels
Beall’s Outlet
Old Navy
Five Below
Famous Footwear

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/north-mac...y-as-september

Old 07-19-2019, 07:32 AM

55 posts, read 76,475 times
So when North Macon Plaza opens, basically it will leave Presidential Parkway as another empty and blighted stripe mall.....at least the side over there where where Dicks, Target, Old Navy, and Marshalls are/were located. I'm only 5 min or less away from North Macon Plaza, but I hate to see this trend in Macon.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRattler View Post
So when North Macon Plaza opens, basically it will leave Presidential Parkway as another empty and blighted stripe mall.....at least the side over there where where Dicks, Target, Old Navy, and Marshalls are/were located. I'm only 5 min or less away from North Macon Plaza, but I hate to see this trend in Macon.
It could be just second locations, Macon is larger enough to support 2 locations of each. Speaking of trends of retail Dillard's and Belks both had originally planned to keep both Stores open in Macon, however with the 2008 recession and online shopping force them to close the Macon Mall stores since they were leased. But Now since the economy is picking back up these stores may keep both their locations open, Macon use to have 2 old navy anyway.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:47 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,254,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRattler View Post
I imagine the Presidential locations will close in time. Yes, I hate the leftover vacant buildings too. Problem is the businesses follow the money. As the wealthier residents move further north, the businesses follow. There isn't really a way to stop it. In 20 years, the new "in" place will shift again. People always flee for greener pastures rather than spend a little money on maintenance and fertilizer to make their current pasture beautiful. Sad, but the way of the majority.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:11 AM

97 posts, read 110,552 times
A new hotel will be starting construction soon. avid hotel by IHG is coming soon to N. Macon on Riverplace Dr next to Home2 Suites.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:44 AM

55 posts, read 76,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
I imagine the Presidential locations will close in time. Yes, I hate the leftover vacant buildings too. Problem is the businesses follow the money. As the wealthier residents move further north, the businesses follow. There isn't really a way to stop it. In 20 years, the new "in" place will shift again. People always flee for greener pastures rather than spend a little money on maintenance and fertilizer to make their current pasture beautiful. Sad, but the way of the majority.
I agree but other communities do a better job of re-purposing or encouraging new businesses to move in the vacant buildings. I noticed Tallahassee, Florida a city similar in size to Macon does a good job with filling older shopping centers with new businesses, when other businesses move to new spots.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:10 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,161,333 times
Quote:
The proposed hotel would have four floors and fitness center, making it about 11,000 square feet. This would add to other construction already happening along Bass Road, like the North Macon Plaza.

Back in April, the Macon-Bibb Planning and Zoning Board rezoned 16 acres of woods near this same area. Martin says all this development will be headache for nearby residents, like him.

"It's good for somebody, but it's going to be a lot of traffic, extra traffic," Martin said.

The Macon-Bibb Planning and Zoning board will discuss the hotel at their upcoming meeting on August 12.
https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/...8-bb210b8e6f54

Old 08-02-2019, 03:10 PM

Downtown Macon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpilP9a5Umo

Old 12-02-2019, 12:03 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,161,333 times
https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/...5-ab7cb23817fa
Quote:
It will be located across from the North Macon Plaza at 1676 Bass Road. The location will also have a drive thru.

“Rod and I have absolutely fallen in love with Macon, so much so that we decided to move here last year,” said Lanier McLeod. “The city has such a comforting atmosphere that makes you feel at home the minute you arrive and that’s exactly how guests feel at Chicken Salad Chick. The concept is a perfect addition to the Macon community, and we can’t wait to open our doors next year.”

It's expected to open in spring 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon