Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,756,620 times

Advertisements

I am posting this as a sticky because we often get questions on where and how to meet people new to the area as this is a city starting to attract alot of people moving in via domestic in migration.

New2Lou 2nd Wednesday Social is tomorrow at Bodega at Felice [Louisville newbie] | Louisville.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 8,067 times
hello.im new here in bardstown,ky.i wanna ask if there is a filipino community in this state?thanks!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,052,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.ky828 View Post
hello.im new here in bardstown,ky.i wanna ask if there is a filipino community in this state?thanks!
The majority of Oriental people live in south Louisville in an area called "Americana Community".

Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 18,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
The majority of Oriental people live in south Louisville in an area called "Americana Community".
FYI - I don't think it's OK to refer to Asians as "Oriental"? I know it's Louisville and all, but this is still a civil public forum. Thank you.

Last edited by damitajo; 05-27-2012 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: didn't quote properly

Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damitajo View Post
FYI - I don't think it's OK to refer to Asians as "Oriental"? I know it's Louisville and all, but this is still a civil public forum. Thank you.
Thank you for enlightening us. Did you just graduate from the University of Chicago? I guess that makes you smarter than us? Welcome to the forum by the way. Nice sarcastic first and second posts.

I never saw this post from the person in question. Filipino restaurants are rare except in the biggest of cities. I live in Central Florida now and there are zero. Louisville has two. For its size, Louisville has a decent Asian population, but it definitely lacks the ChinaTown or KoreaTown, etc, of the big coastal cities (and Chicago). South Louisville has a very high concentration of mainly Vietnamese. There are 3 or 4 places over there that have some of the best pho I have had anywhere, including Saint Louis, DC, or LA, which are known for very high Vietnamese populations.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:39 PM

4 posts, read 18,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Thank you for enlightening us. Did you just graduate from the University of Chicago? I guess that makes you smarter than us? Welcome to the forum by the way. Nice sarcastic first and second posts.

I never saw this post from the person in question. Filipino restaurants are rare except in the biggest of cities. I live in Central Florida now and there are zero. Louisville has two. For its size, Louisville has a decent Asian population, but it definitely lacks the ChinaTown or KoreaTown, etc, of the big coastal cities (and Chicago). South Louisville has a very high concentration of mainly Vietnamese. There are 3 or 4 places over there that have some of the best pho I have had anywhere, including Saint Louis, DC, or LA, which are known for very high Vietnamese populations.
I did not in anyway mean for my correction to be condescending or rude. I was just honestly shocked to see the term "Oriental" used in that way. I would certainly hope people will be nice enough to correct others that use offensive descriptions or language. This hope has nothing to do with smartness and there is no need to be defensive. I guess I just don't understand what the rules are on this forum. I'll be more careful going forward.

I didn't just graduate from the University of Chicago and I don't know why you would think this. I would definitely not want to disclose where I have been educated on a public forum!

On a personal note, I must commend you warmly for all your posts; they are very helpful and very well informed. I am deeply impressed and grateful.

Thank you.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 PM

11 posts, read 27,466 times
Default Will be new to louisville

Hi, I am HateDrumma, Can someone please tell me the better areas of louisville KY? I am looking for a really nice neighborhood, suburban if possible. I am looking for the best areas, considering I have a teenage son who isnt involved in any drugs or street gangs, And I am going to keep it that way! I am looking to rent a 2 or 3 bedroom house(Ranch style) with all rooms on 1 level no stairs. Please give me good feed back.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateDrumma View Post
Hi, I am HateDrumma, Can someone please tell me the better areas of louisville KY? I am looking for a really nice neighborhood, suburban if possible. I am looking for the best areas, considering I have a teenage son who isnt involved in any drugs or street gangs, And I am going to keep it that way! I am looking to rent a 2 or 3 bedroom house(Ranch style) with all rooms on 1 level no stairs. Please give me good feed back.
Need more criteria especially what is your price range and whther you will buy or rent, where you will work, etc. In general, though, anywhere from St Matthews east to Middletown and north to the river meets your criteria.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 6,692 times
Hi, I am KYBOUND1, Can someone please recommend a 1 -2 bdm apt or townhome in the louisville KY 40223 area? I am looking for nice amenities/nice neighborhood. I am looking to rent from $500-$700.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:06 AM

18 posts, read 35,171 times
Talking Already RSVP'd for Wednesday Social

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
I am posting this as a sticky because we often get questions on where and how to meet people new to the area as this is a city starting to attract alot of people moving in via domestic in migration.

New2Lou 2nd Wednesday Social is tomorrow at Bodega at Felice [Louisville newbie] | Louisville.com
I have met great friends via Meetups in Saint Loiuis. One of the first things I did after finding out about my relocation, checked out Louisville Meetup groups. I was happy to find New to The Lou and look forward to meeting some welcoming folks in a couple weeks. I start work on 4/29 and will be flying back and forth and telecommuting in hopes of being 100% relocated by 6/1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area