Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,294,792 times

Advertisements

LOL you got me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 PM

56 posts, read 250,268 times
''The NE and California thinks we are all uneducated, bible thumping hillbillies, so that bands us together in the end.''
-Innotech

''why is people talking badly about Louisiana?''

Maybe because your garbled english makes us think your uneducated.
We have a seperate culture, one thing that's acceptable here is not tolerated where you're from. And this can be said vice versa. Nevertheless, this is probabley why we look at one another oddly.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:04 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,492,400 times
I think the better question should be:

"why is people writing badly about Louisiana?"

I blame typos. However, some scholars believe it's simply a lack of an adequate education on the part of the writer. Still others contend it's caused by the full moon. Regardless, I do think we should all learn to write better, especially when we're writing about Louisiana.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:11 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,470,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Regardless, I do think we should all learn to write better, especially when we're writing about Louisiana.
Especially if we want our posts to be taken seriously on any of the forums

Old 07-17-2009, 06:10 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,331,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by absurd_planet View Post
''The NE and California thinks we are all uneducated, bible thumping hillbillies, so that bands us together in the end.''
-Innotech

We have a seperate culture, one thing that's acceptable here is not tolerated where you're from. And this can be said vice versa. Nevertheless, this is probabley why we look at one another oddly.
I do not speak garbled English. I dont have much of a Southern accent to speak of either. I am pretty decent at using grammar correctly, but this is the internet and Im not so careful about it. While you might be right about the occasional local around here who may not have emphasized education throughout their life, that just wasnt their priority. It also didnt have to be.
In any case, Californians should NOT be talking abadly about any other state right now considering the myriad of problems they are having, as well as the financial situation of your state.

By the way, you presented me with a perfect opportunity to call you out as well : Maybe because your garbled english makes us think your uneducated.
We have a seperate culture, one thing that's acceptable here is not tolerated where you're from. And this can be said vice versa. Nevertheless, this is probabley why we look at one another oddly
Don't preach if you don't practice.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:26 PM

420 posts, read 480,231 times
What yall tom'bout, now?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM

11 posts, read 40,990 times
Uneducated people are everywhere. I move to Louisiana from the north in 3 weeks, and I can't wait! Anyway, because test scores on act/sat are lower in the "south" then the view is, these people must be stupid. Well here is my thoughts. If anyone tells me people in the south are dumb it's because of stereotypes. As far as accents goes, everyone has them. Boston does not believe in using the letter "R". Kentucky and West Virginia say, for example "Purry" instead of "Perry". But who really cares, to me a southern accent on a girl is really hot lol. Oh and schools in the ghetto score low also, wonder why these same people don't go there and tell then they are dumb LOL.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:09 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,331,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_trend29 View Post
Uneducated people are everywhere. I move to Louisiana from the north in 3 weeks, and I can't wait! Anyway, because test scores on act/sat are lower in the "south" then the view is, these people must be stupid. Well here is my thoughts. If anyone tells me people in the south are dumb it's because of stereotypes. As far as accents goes, everyone has them. Boston does not believe in using the letter "R". Kentucky and West Virginia say, for example "Purry" instead of "Perry". But who really cares, to me a southern accent on a girl is really hot lol. Oh and schools in the ghetto score low also, wonder why these same people don't go there and tell then they are dumb LOL.
I went to middle school in Lafayette at Acadian middle, which is ranked on city Data as something around 4/100 and yet I managed a 28 on my ACT and consistently did in the 96+ percentile on LEAP. A schools score does not mean you cannot be educated there. That depends on how you were raised and whether your parents truly care about your education. It also depends on how much YOU care about your education. There are great teachers even in some of the worst schools. It is also not due to a lack of funding.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,439,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by absurd_planet View Post
-Innotech

Check your spelling:
English
separate
probably
I'm not even touching grammar.
Not to nit-pick or anything LOL!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:36 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,344,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Grammar
And the way to remember the spelling is to think of the last three letters: "mar." If you make a mistake it may "mar" your image.

I have to make up little clues because I am horrible at spelling.

For instance: desert and dessert.

You want 2 helpings of dessert and it has 2 s's in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana