Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
How did the Landing turn out ?
Awsome! Nice restaurant and nice location to cross the street after supper and watch the river. It was a bit nicer than we were dressed for, (t-shirts and shorts), but after going off the interstate, looking for parking and all we figured we'd not let our clothes stop us. Sigh, it will probably be the last good meal for a while, for today we leave Bossier and are headed into Arkansas.

PS. Stopped at Maggies(sp) and got some meat pies at the drive thru. Perhaps we'll snack on those today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,466,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Awsome! Nice restaurant and nice location to cross the street after supper and watch the river. It was a bit nicer than we were dressed for, (t-shirts and shorts), but after going off the interstate, looking for parking and all we figured we'd not let our clothes stop us.
Honestly, the times we've gone to The Landing, we've gone in t-shirt and shorts. The ambience is pretty nice, but I don't think they're uptight there about your attire.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
the best boudin is around Lafayette. trust me on that. Its all around the city and surrounding parish, but the quality/taste falls off dramatically past that.
Oh yeah! It's all about location. Mama always swore by the home made boudin in that area. She used to get some every once in a blue moon from an in-law of an in-law, (Uncle Lester's people Toupsee).

I've gotta laugh when I think about boudin. My Aunt Jean had died and we were all piled up in my cousin's van along with some of Uncle Lester's boudin and Uncle Johnny was just wanting to eat a little and couz turns around and announces that, "no one was eating any boudin in her van until we got back home and to a bathroom." We all laughed and Uncle Johnny folded his arms and grumbled all the way back to the hotel.

Wow we are now in Plain Dealing, LA Now this is one tiny town and shrimp is $5.95 a pound!! I'm a long way from St. Bernard where my neighbor's son will offer it for $1 a lb fresh off the boat when he has a great day, but now I'm just bragging.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 307,755 times
Wow we are now in Plain Dealing, LA Now this is one tiny town and shrimp is $5.95 a pound!! I'm a long way from St. Bernard where my neighbor's son will offer it for $1 a lb fresh off the boat when he has a great day, but now I'm just bragging.

I'd be happy to pay $5.95 for shrimp. A dollar is just a miracle. "SHUT UP!"

Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 AM

27 posts, read 154,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
Honestly, the times we've gone to The Landing, we've gone in t-shirt and shorts. The ambience is pretty nice, but I don't think they're uptight there about your attire.
Yeah, you're right...I've been to The Landing many times in casual clothes. It's much more laid back than it looks. I love it and I go there every time I'm in Natchitoches!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:29 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,780 times
How'd I miss this thread? My heart aches for you poor Drouzin, having to work your way through all that awful food.
I hope you've recovered.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:04 AM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 307,755 times
I know Jacq63, doesn't it suck for her. I know I' m a little sick of the million pounds of hog (not a coughing pig) in my freezer (but thankful). And, I have a hard time paying $7-$10 a pound for shrimp much less find a crawfish. I would love to drive 10 minuets to a restaurant and ask for an oyster poboy, instead 16 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana