Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:00 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,325,322 times

Advertisements

sorry, all the circlek baton rouge area locations we service do have ethanol now so it wasnt one of ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,695 times
Tell me folks, can you still by gas without eth? I was under the impression that straight gasoline without ethanol was no longer sold.

Well gosh, I just answered my own question. The Raceway station in Ruston has a sign out front that says "Our gas contains no corn". But other than that, I only see pumps with those stickers which say "gas possibly mixed with ethanol"

Old 06-25-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Tell me folks, can you still by gas without eth? I was under the impression that straight gasoline without ethanol was no longer sold.

Well gosh, I just answered my own question. The Raceway station in Ruston has a sign out front that says "Our gas contains no corn". But other than that, I only see pumps with those stickers which say "gas possibly mixed with ethanol"
no, its still possible. There are still plenty of places without it, but getting harder to find.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
no, its still possible. There are still plenty of places without it, but getting harder to find.
Thanks Innotech, I will keep that in mind. Seems like that blend makes the engine hesistant or sluggish. I can already feel it in my new Chevy company truck.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks Innotech, I will keep that in mind. Seems like that blend makes the engine hesistant or sluggish. I can already feel it in my new Chevy company truck.
I do know that in the Bossier/shreveport area, they are converting the entire Bossier Teppco rack/refinery into ethanol only. I really dontl ike the stuff and neither do my fellow dispatchers, but it is what it is.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 12,576 times
After an 8500 mile road trip where I finally could accurately compare mileage between real gas and that E10 garbage, I found that E10 costs me between 13 and 18 percent fuel efficiency -- and have become a True Believer in honest-to-God gasoline. So, from hunting around online, here are some of the Baton Rouge area stations that have real gas: LA One Stop at Old Jefferson and Highland. (I've gone there, and they have a sign advertising that their gas is ethanol free). Stone Oil Company on 12131 Airline Highway. I went there on a sunday and they seemed closed. They're a gas wholesaler with a couple old-school gas pumps by the side. The pumps had no ethanol stickers, and someone on this motorcycle board said they say their gas is ethanol free. It may also be cheap, could've sworn the price I saw on the pumps was pretty low. But I don't know when they're open or anything. There's also supposedly a BP on the corner of Hooper and Sullivan which advertises ethanol free gas. Someone said something about them not being very friendly, although if they have pay at the pump I'm not sure how that matters. Ethanol blows. Hope this info helps some of you buy some real gas. Also, I noticed that the LaRouge Mart (on Jefferson) didn't have ethanol stickers on their pumps, but was in a hurry and didn't go in to ask... So it could be they've got real gas. I'm going to try to swing by there sometime and ask, as they're a lot closer to my house than any of those other places.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 12,576 times
Sorry for the run-on paragraph. None of my line breaks seemed to work. Do you have to use HTML code on this board, or something?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,655 times
Quote:
Actually, Kathleen Baboon Blanco signed Ethanol into law just before her departure as a requirement for our gas. It was an effort to get an investor to open a manufacturing plant down around Donaldsonville. The law was effective 1/1/2009.

Any pure gas sold in the state is for farm applications only.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 27,020 times
River ridge pure on jefferson highway at little farms has ethanol free gas.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,181 times
Kash-n-karry on airline hgwy in Kenner between the airport and I-310.
Not only do they have none E* gas they have it in all three grades. I drive an Infiniti g35 and my baby drinks 93 octane so this is a find.
If you only need regular unleaded mid-city service station on the corner of carroltom and banks stree in new orleans has that. Also has free air and I thought that was just a myth the have in movies from the fifties. Hope I helped out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana