Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 08:52 AM

194 posts, read 528,823 times

Advertisements

The City of Lake Charles grew in the past ten years by a lot! It grew to 84,872 in the city. What wonderful news despite being wrecked by recent disasters.

That's an increase of nearly 13,000 over the past ten years. Wow! Congrats on the success!

I'm quite sure that the next ten years will see growth as well. Several vacant areas have been annexed over the years that are intended for large residential developments. I believe that Lake Charles could easily hit the 100,000 mark in this decade, especially if it has strong leadership to steer the ship into the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 08:54 AM

I forgot to supply the link for my source:

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...iana/POP010220

Old 08-16-2021, 08:21 AM

372 posts, read 449,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtcg View Post
The City of Lake Charles grew in the past ten years by a lot! It grew to 84,872 in the city. What wonderful news despite being wrecked by recent disasters.

That's an increase of nearly 13,000 over the past ten years. Wow! Congrats on the success!

I'm quite sure that the next ten years will see growth as well. Several vacant areas have been annexed over the years that are intended for large residential developments. I believe that Lake Charles could easily hit the 100,000 mark in this decade, especially if it has strong leadership to steer the ship into the future.
The numbers likely don't account for the 2 hurricanes that struck the area and displaced a lot of people. It was growing but its gonna be hard to keep that momentum going and with Covid swarming around this state who knows what will happen...

Old 08-16-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
The numbers likely don't account for the 2 hurricanes that struck the area and displaced a lot of people. It was growing but its gonna be hard to keep that momentum going and with Covid swarming around this state who knows what will happen...
They don't as they reflect only the population on the date of April 1, 2020. However, it confirms what we all knew: that the city was growing. It will keep growing because these large industrial projects aren't going anywhere. There is still billions of dollars of development in the works. All the naysayers who said it wasn't going to grow much were proven wrong.

Covid is over.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:07 AM

3 posts, read 4,957 times
I was out there working 2 weeks ago. There is still massive destruction from last year's hurricanes, blue tarps and rubble everywhere, visible from I-12.

It just feels like a backwater....

Old 08-29-2021, 09:34 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,892 times
Depends who these 13,000 new residents are. I don't think LC has become a new hip destination, and I also doubt it has suddenly become a retirement mecca. I suspect most of the new residents are displaced people from Katrina and other issues in N.O. Those type of new residents will probably not enrich LC any more than those that were dumped in Houston and Dallas. If my hunch is right, expect more crime and other social issues in LC.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Depends who these 13,000 new residents are. I don't think LC has become a new hip destination, and I also doubt it has suddenly become a retirement mecca. I suspect most of the new residents are displaced people from Katrina and other issues in N.O. Those type of new residents will probably not enrich LC any more than those that were dumped in Houston and Dallas. If my hunch is right, expect more crime and other social issues in LC.
Displaced people from Katrina and New Orleans? What the heck are you talking about? This is 2021. Lake Charles has had massive industrial projects built that employ thousands of people. The growth is real. The number is from April 1, 2020, like all Census counts.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:31 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtcg View Post

As a former Louisiana resident, I still try to follow news about parts in the state. This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully, the city continues to grow and thrive

Old 09-05-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As a former Louisiana resident, I still try to follow news about parts in the state. This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully, the city continues to grow and thrive
Agreed!

Old 09-12-2021, 11:28 AM

5 posts, read 12,822 times
That's great hope one day Lake Charles have population of a 100 thousand are 200 thousand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana