Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 06:56 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,703,167 times

Advertisements

Home to the Bethpage State Park and its famous "Black" course, Old Bethpage is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the central part of the Town of Oyster Bay, in the east part of Nassau County, along the Nassau/Suffolk County line and the Oyster Bay/Huntington and the Oyster Bay/Babylon town line

A map of the Hamlet of Old Bethpage, Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM

28,103 posts, read 30,002,142 times
My husband and I are from Salt Lake City and just barely (as in an hour or so ago) got back from a week-long trip to New York City. My husband got up at 4:00 A.M. last Wednesday morning, caught a train at Penn Station to Farmingdale and was lucky enough to be able to play 18 on the black course at Bethpage. Let me tell you, he is still on Cloud 9. He is such an avid golfer (I don't golf at all) that even though I had to spend my entire day and evening alone in the city, I was thrilled for him. It was an experience he'll remember for a long, long time. And now, when he watches the U.S. Open, he'll be able to picture every hole.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:39 AM

39 posts, read 85,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
that even though I had to spend my entire day and evening alone in the city, I was thrilled for him.
Hi. Glad to learn you had some fun in the Big Apple. Had I known you were in town we could have hung out and painted the town the color of your choice.

Perhaps next time?

Old 07-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Vert View Post
Hi. Glad to learn you had some fun in the Big Apple. Had I known you were in town we could have hung out and painted the town the color of your choice.

Perhaps next time?
LOL! Next time for sure! I love New York. It was my seventh trip there and I'm all touristed out. You can only visit the Statue of Liberty so many times, you know. This time we just kicked back and wandered the streets without any real game plan. Did see three plays, though, a Yankees game and the New York Philharmonic. We had a wonderful time and I never cease to be amazed at how helpful the vast majority of New Yorkers are.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 AM

929 posts, read 2,069,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
LOL! Next time for sure! I love New York. It was my seventh trip there and I'm all touristed out. You can only visit the Statue of Liberty so many times, you know. This time we just kicked back and wandered the streets without any real game plan. Did see three plays, though, a Yankees game and the New York Philharmonic. We had a wonderful time and I never cease to be amazed at how helpful the vast majority of New Yorkers are.
Your husband's a lucky man if you went on vacation and you let him go play on the Black and you stayed in the city. Most NY wives need to be bought off to let us go play gold without them

Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonlineli View Post
Your husband's a lucky man if you went on vacation and you let him go play on the Black and you stayed in the city. Most NY wives need to be bought off to let us go play gold without them
What makes you think I wasn't bought off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island