Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:05 PM

75 posts, read 312,950 times

Advertisements

My vote is for Patchogue Village.

We're a mid 30's couple who moved here 3 years ago. We love the town!! We have no children so I can't give you any info on the schools. A real community feel seems to be developing in Patchogue Village. More and more young couples and families seem to be moving in.

We have street fairs, concerts, alive after five, events at the Patchogue Theater ... it seems something is going on every weekend here. ALL family friendly events.

Some great restaurants and bars line Main St now. The Brewery's host a lot of live music and support the town's events. I can't get over how much Alive after Five has grown in the 3 years since we moved here!

There are certain areas I'd like to see improve a little faster though!

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 05:24 AM

67 posts, read 166,611 times
Thanks

Old 08-15-2008, 06:28 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,196,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty__Quinn View Post
My vote is for Patchogue Village.

We're a mid 30's couple who moved here 3 years ago. We love the town!! We have no children so I can't give you any info on the schools. A real community feel seems to be developing in Patchogue Village. More and more young couples and families seem to be moving in.

We have street fairs, concerts, alive after five, events at the Patchogue Theater ... it seems something is going on every weekend here. ALL family friendly events.

Some great restaurants and bars line Main St now. The Brewery's host a lot of live music and support the town's events. I can't get over how much Alive after Five has grown in the 3 years since we moved here!

There are certain areas I'd like to see improve a little faster though!

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I agree, Patchogue village is an absolute success story, hats off to Paul Pontieri, however if you explore the surrounds you'll need to ask yourself if you or a future buyer would be comfortable with PatMed schools. I lived there in the 70s and once you get the section 8 in its very difficult to eradicate it. Sadly as the Village has improved the the areas on the fringe are in a state of rapid and sudden decline as they attempt to absorb the bottom of the economic scale.

Nonetheless I'd still take Patchogue Village over Coram (or any central long island town) as we continue to urbanize.
Its just function of simple economics....money will always gather near the water.

Best of luck to you

crookhaven

Last edited by Crookhaven; 08-15-2008 at 06:38 AM..

Old 05-07-2024, 02:22 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,211,159 times
Bumb thoughts in 2024 _ much difference between Patch and Nort Patch/ medford school district? Thanks

Old 05-08-2024, 10:55 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,730,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Bumb thoughts in 2024 _ much difference between Patch and Nort Patch/ medford school district? Thanks
same school district.

Old Today, 01:49 PM

765 posts, read 1,555,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
The school district is the same. My son is moving up from Eagle Elementary school this year. We really liked the school. My son is in the dual language program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island