Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 07:33 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

He was not arrested at the scene in spite of being twice above the legal limit for DWI, injured 3 other women. The officers on the scene should be held responsible for allowing him to walk. Just arrested this week, what took so long, lengthy investigation?

Quote:
Just before 5 a.m. on Aug. 4, Moore collided with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee traveling in the center lane, crashed into the center divider before hitting a tree on the right side of the parkway, authorities said.
Vota said Moore had been out all night drinking in Rockville Centre bars and was headed to the 103rd Precinct station house in eastern Queens, where he works with the warrant squad.
His Mercedes burst into flames Moore and the passenger, a woman, still inside. The woman, who was injured, was forced to crawl out of the passenger-side window and then drag an unconscious Moore through the driver-side window, Vota said.

He also tried to get the officers to help him leave the scene where the two women were injured.
“Please get me out of here," he asked the trooper.
Moore was not arrested at the scene, despite a blood-alcohol level of .18 or more. He was brought before the grand jury after a lengthy investigation and indicted.
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...rrest-k2rh2a9f
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 10:40 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
rhetorical question .

Old 02-29-2024, 06:16 PM

Just imagine anyone else involved in an accident at 4AM double the legal limit walking away.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:31 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times
If I had to guess they couldn’t prove who was driving. Female knew her rights and didn’t “rat” on him. Maybe they got dna or a hair off an airbag if that’s even possible ?

No details at all in this article.

I had someone hit me and I had to get video for the insurance company to prove who the driver was because they denied everything. Cops couldn’t do anything they said. I have a dash cam now for these he said / she said reasons.

I don’t think troopers let anyone off with a warning let alone a driver intoxicated that hurt someone and who’s car went on fire ?

On the patch it’s worded “allegedly behind the wheel”

The defendant, an NYPD detective, allegedly got behind the wheel of his Mercedes while heavily intoxicated and put the lives of countless other people in danger that early August morning," Nassau County District Attorney Anne Donnelly said.

I guess she can’t even say for sure he was beyond the wheel since she said allegedly ?

Last edited by 94nasupra; 02-29-2024 at 06:50 PM..

Old 03-01-2024, 02:11 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Mercedes?

Old 03-01-2024, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
If I had to guess they couldn’t prove who was driving. Female knew her rights and didn’t “rat” on him. Maybe they got dna or a hair off an airbag if that’s even possible ?

No details at all in this article.

I had someone hit me and I had to get video for the insurance company to prove who the driver was because they denied everything. Cops couldn’t do anything they said. I have a dash cam now for these he said / she said reasons.

I don’t think troopers let anyone off with a warning let alone a driver intoxicated that hurt someone and who’s car went on fire ?

On the patch it’s worded “allegedly behind the wheel”

The defendant, an NYPD detective, allegedly got behind the wheel of his Mercedes while heavily intoxicated and put the lives of countless other people in danger that early August morning," Nassau County District Attorney Anne Donnelly said.

I guess she can’t even say for sure he was beyond the wheel since she said allegedly ?
My guess would be that the woman was also above the limit if she was with him in a bar at 4AM so she would have to take the charge for DWI.

Still she pulled him from the car, I would expect those in the other car may have noticed.

The DA is charging him so I don't see that defense flying.

Old 03-01-2024, 10:38 AM

1,262 posts, read 561,609 times
"Alleged" is the usual terminology until a conviction is secured.

Old 03-01-2024, 11:28 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,243,396 times
It's not like they dropped the case and made it disappear. They clearly wrote it up and passed it up the food chain. Not sure what difference it would have made to leave him in the cells overnight.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:01 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
A BAC of at least .18 and nobody arrested at the scene even though NCPD and NYS troopers were present?
Perhaps Mr. Blakeman should explain this at a press conference.

Old 03-03-2024, 03:55 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
It's not like they dropped the case and made it disappear. They clearly wrote it up and passed it up the food chain. Not sure what difference it would have made to leave him in the cells overnight.
I suppose he'd understand that, just like everyone else, he too has to follow the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island