Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2024, 07:08 PM

251 posts, read 236,190 times

Advertisements

hope I am posting in the right place??

We just purchased a 35 year old Palm Harbor manufactured home. This home has been well maintained BUT has issues that we knew before we bought it.
My question is the plumbing, We had a leak under the sink & the plumber was very honest they have been in business 30++ years and a A+++ BBB rating. I was told I have c-pvc plumbing & you can clearly see it is yellowed & where the tubes are glued its dirty looking.
It looks as though this home had been re plumbed probably 20 years ago & seems to need to be redone. So, we have a estimate total of $4,500.00 that includes all the under the house, the showers, water heater, under the sinks, both bathrooms. The estimate states a complete replumbing the entire home new **** off valves and the entire under home completely redone with a 25 year warranty.
He said the plumbing they use is clear in color, I think he said it is called acrylonitrile butadiene styrene? He said I will get a 5 year workmanship warranty and a 25 year warranty on the plumbing parts.
I hate spending the $4500.00 but I think it is a fair price?? This house has a new roof, brand new carpet Mohawk 60 plush pile carpet, that was installed just last month. And a 3 week old central AC with a 10 year parts & labor warranty. Also,
The vapor barrier was replaced last week along with new tie down anchors.
It has solid floors, and once we re-do the plumbing I would think this would be like a rebuilt home. oh, it has $4,000 worth of appliances new,... dishwasher and clothes washer and dryer.
WE plan to live there for many years. Is there anything I need to know or do that I am not aware of?
With this c-pvc looking orange and old I expect the plumber is not trying to "sell a job" but being honest in telling me the truth and at a fair price? the home is 1,008 sq feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths. Any advice about what to do & look out for would be appreciated. FYI there is no lot rent and a small HOA fee which makes it attractive to use
Attached Thumbnails
re-plumbing the entire house advice needed-ppppklllll.jpeg   re-plumbing the entire house advice needed-plumbingh.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 08:35 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,355,628 times
I’m no plumber but isn’t re-plumbing the house a bit extreme? Just re-do the sections of PVC pipes that need to be replaced or re-glued.

Old 02-28-2024, 07:38 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Is this home in the area of Tampa Bay Florida? if it is you should post this in the Florida forum not long island NY.

Old 02-28-2024, 08:02 AM

1,465 posts, read 757,268 times
He posted this multiple times in multiple spots.

4500 to Do all that plumbing would never happen up here with a company unfortunately. That’s how you know it’s not up here lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island