Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 09:45 PM

718 posts, read 619,866 times

Advertisements

Any input to give a independent voter on who to vote for .

I don't know much about calone , looks like he did a lot of time in the private sector. A little stint as a prosecutor,

Now on the other hand it's kind of hard to vote for a guy that ran crook haven for yeàrs. The town is riddled with scandals , has a horrible reputation and that garbage dump is a toxic cancer cell that has been grossly mismanaged.

The last thing Suffolk needs is more corruption, Incompetence and a good old boys club covering up for one another .

In the end they may both stink, it may just come down to picking the best of the rotten apples because that's all there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2023, 04:29 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Any input to give a independent voter on who to vote for .

I don't know much about calone , looks like he did a lot of time in the private sector. A little stint as a prosecutor,

Now on the other hand it's kind of hard to vote for a guy that ran crook haven for yeàrs. The town is riddled with scandals , has a horrible reputation and that garbage dump is a toxic cancer cell that has been grossly mismanaged.

The last thing Suffolk needs is more corruption, Incompetence and a good old boys club covering up for one another .

In the end they may both stink, it may just come down to picking the best of the rotten apples because that's all there is.
I’m no expert on Suffolk politics, but it looks like just another LI political machine election with two political machine candidates. Romaine is the much bigger name here and after 12 years of Bellone I’d say a flip is very likely.

Old 11-07-2023, 06:37 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,328,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I’m no expert on Suffolk politics, but it looks like just another LI political machine election with two political machine candidates. Romaine is the much bigger name here and after 12 years of Bellone I’d say a flip is very likely.
Romaine is 100% against allowing migrants into the county and was endorsed by the SCPD. Colone is in favor of cashless bail. Many people are going to vote like me. If you aren’t 200% against migrants I won’t vote for you, if you have the slightest favor towards criminals it’s a no. I’m town of Huntington I would have voted for the 2 democrats running for town board. Both showed some type of willingness to assist migrants. So that disqualifies them for my vote even though the rest of there thoughts are good.

Old 11-07-2023, 07:03 AM

68 posts, read 25,596 times
Its officially time to leave this godforsaken state. Looking like a Dem is going to take over Suffolk. Sad thing is, I always leaned left most of my life, but things have seriously turned for the worse lately. Both sides suck, but letting all these "migrants" in, cashless bail, free everything for the losers who milk the system and letting the animals run wild has serious implications.

Old 11-07-2023, 08:52 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,701,067 times
Lettuce Be for Romaine

Old 11-07-2023, 08:53 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,701,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax1 View Post
Its officially time to leave this godforsaken state. Looking like a Dem is going to take over Suffolk. Sad thing is, I always leaned left most of my life, but things have seriously turned for the worse lately. Both sides suck, but letting all these "migrants" in, cashless bail, free everything for the losers who milk the system and letting the animals run wild has serious implications.
you really think Romaine is losing?

Old 11-07-2023, 01:35 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax1 View Post
I don’t see romaine losing this, and how is a Dem going to “take over” Suffolk when a Dem has ran Suffolk for the last 12 years. It would be the opposite

Old 11-07-2023, 01:52 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
The Democrats have been running anti-Romaine ads on YouTube but not mentioning political party. They are using 3 or 4 blue collar white folks (at least that is the impression you get) saying how horrible Romaine is. But they do not mention political party.

That shows you the damage that has happened to the Democratic brand here in Suffolk County where most people are moderates.

Old 11-07-2023, 03:56 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
Not being familiar with NY politics, I thought this thread was about pizza and salads.

Old 11-07-2023, 04:55 PM

20,042 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Not being familiar with NY politics, I thought this thread was about pizza and salads.
Might as well be. And bagels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island