Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 05:03 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,414,470 times

Advertisements

Chemo absolutely alters one ability to taste. Also as a long time member of AA it is very unlikely she’d be openly drinking an alcoholic beverage if she was an alcoholic. We just don’t do that. We hide it in soda cans, water bottles, coffee cups etc. never in plain site.
As for getting her job back…..the schools PTA will decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2023, 06:07 AM

4,700 posts, read 8,773,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Not a mistake. No way. You would know after the first sip. And you would know what you grabbed, open and drank. Stop giving someone the benefit of the doubt in a ridiculous situation
not with a seltzer with alcohol. They're made sweet on purpose.

And any real drunk that has a problem to the extent they're driving a school bus full of children is not going to leave the can open in plain sight. They're going to hide it.

Old 10-10-2023, 06:14 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,786,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post

And any real drunk that has a problem to the extent they're driving a school bus full of children is not going to leave the can open in plain sight. They're going to hide it.
Yep. Agreed

Old 10-10-2023, 09:10 AM

3,862 posts, read 3,162,822 times
Anything with a name like White Claw" should be a big hint!!! Crazy horse,colt45,bucking bronco? And expect us to belive its a mistake???
On the bright and real side, hey, need a drink or 2 after a busload of screaming kids,no?

Old 10-10-2023, 09:26 AM

5,864 posts, read 2,983,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Anything with a name like White Claw" should be a big hint!!! Crazy horse,colt45,bucking bronco? And expect us to belive its a mistake???
On the bright and real side, hey, need a drink or 2 after a busload of screaming kids,no?
Drinks these days, I ordered water at a concert and they gave me a beer can with all sorts of weird name on it and it was water.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:08 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,159,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
Someone at WE Transport, the Long Island based school based bus company, needs to grow a pair and give this poor woman her job back....

https://nypost.com/2023/10/09/bus-dr...was-alcoholic/

I agree in this case. I was at an air show and was DD. Ordered a sugar free ice tea and it came in a can that looked exactly like the hard tea. I had to double check that it was alcohol free. Ive had hard tea and it taste very similar.

Old 10-10-2023, 12:08 PM

3,822 posts, read 8,759,575 times
You have chemo and don't double check item's you've never had before to see if they're safe?

Old 10-10-2023, 05:58 PM

829 posts, read 454,543 times
Her history says she absolutely deserves a 2nd chance. If it's an office job than so be it.

We can't just keep canceling people. Forgiveness is what is needed here.

What's the alternative? Throw her in the street and make her just a sad statistic?

She wants to work, unlike many in society today. There has to be somewhere they can place her.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:21 PM

13,513 posts, read 17,058,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post

2nd part seems to escape all the imbeciles on here attacking her, but why expect morons to take a step back and think logically, when they have an opportunity to feel better than someone else. . She was a bus driver for 15 years with no issues. She made no attempt to conceal the drink including when the cops or whoever came to the bus. She was oblivious to it and she is very sick on powerful treatments. Heartless low lives all over this place.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:23 PM

10,357 posts, read 6,913,490 times
Being a school bus driver, is almost as intense as being a commercial pilot. It is a "safety sensitive" occupation.

So, I'm really shocked that the governing body would allow someone who's going thru "chemo" to retain their license. (Ain't happening in California, this I know.)

Now, the can that she drank from, she may have a lawsuit. If the printing stating "alcoholic" isn't plainly visible, and the can's graphics are aimed at teenagers, then she could have been mislead. Just think "vaping and it's marketing..."

But yes, I'd place her somewhere else in the district, until this whole thing gets ironed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island