Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 10:33 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times

Advertisements

I work on Route 110 in a building next door to this motel. It's been a sleazy place for a longtime. Cops are always being called to that place. Over the last few months it has been renovated, new roof, fencing not sure what else. I found out today from one my clients it's been turned into a homeless shelter. Almost every other day when I leave my job at 5:00 pm cops are always there. Not crazy about it but nothing I can do except try to be safe. Was wondering if anyone knows more about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 11:14 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
If that’s the dump rite past Walmart same side of the road in farmigdale, it’s been rumored that it’s going to house border jumpers. Homeless whatever it is it’s housing people on tax paying dollars.

Old 05-01-2023, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
If that’s the dump rite past Walmart same side of the road in farmigdale, it’s been rumored that it’s going to house border jumpers. Homeless whatever it is it’s housing people on tax paying dollars.
yes that's the dump LOL. Not happy abut that. Cops are there at least 4 times a week. Originally it was supposed to change the name to Farmingdale Motor Inn but then they took that that sign down. It's been a ****hole for a very long time. Remember the Sayonara in Amityville? That was another dump but they closed and it was torn down to make those Grey Barn condos.

Old 05-01-2023, 02:42 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
yes that's the dump LOL. Not happy abut that. Cops are there at least 4 times a week. Originally it was supposed to change the name to Farmingdale Motor Inn but then they took that that sign down. It's been a ****hole for a very long time. Remember the Sayonara in Amityville? That was another dump but they closed and it was torn down to make those Grey Barn condos.
I remember always laughing when passing by sayonara as I found the name funny cause the place looked like you could be saying goodbye to life by staying there. I didn’t realize that was where greybarn was. It’s been a while since I’ve been down there, I remember it being built. I looked it up $2900 for a 1br.

Old 05-01-2023, 03:35 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Slightly different spot, but same general vicinity. Sayanora was a little further north. The GreyBarn is where one of the old mobile home parks were.

Old 05-01-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Slightly different spot, but same general vicinity. Sayanora was a little further north. The GreyBarn is where one of the old mobile home parks were.
Oh yes that's right. The trailer park was a dump too.

Old 05-02-2023, 01:58 AM

785 posts, read 483,610 times
It's a shame. Hotels all over the country now housing 3rd world illegal aliens, especially NYC/LI. Even in the "nice" parts of Queens by the Nassau border in Little Neck and Douglaston they've finally bused in migrants.

So all the suckers paying property taxes out the wazhooo can now have their kids share classrooms with foreign grifters.

What a damn country.

Old 05-02-2023, 04:09 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
Since Adam’s is crying the city is maxed out on space and funds I knew this was coming. Now every run down hotel/motel out here will be used to shelter illegals with your tax dollars!!

Don’t you love this place!??

Old 05-02-2023, 08:01 AM

I would not be surprised if it's already happening at other motels. I remember the Capri motor in on Hempstead turnpike in West Hempstead was housing homeless or welfare recipients at one point. Not sure if that flea bag is still there. In Suffolk there is the Bay Shore Motor Inn, off of sunrise is the relax Inn and off of Montauk Highway in Bay Shore there is a travel lodge. I know there are others but that's all I could think of near me.

Old 05-02-2023, 02:33 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
It only closed because a fire gutted it, otherwise that eyesore would likely still be there. Today I think it's just an empty lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island