Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 09:35 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
He's been blowing for 17 years? I was hoping my guy would tire out soon...or get lung cancer from breathing in all that crap daily.
Yes. Usually with no shirt on June- October. Thank goodness for central AC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 04:11 AM

26 posts, read 54,436 times
Can someone recommend a landscaping company to install privacy trees?

Old 04-20-2018, 06:03 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Non Guru View Post
Can someone recommend a landscaping company to install privacy trees?
Call Mike 516 538 0178 from Giordano Garden Services in W-Hempstead

Old 04-20-2018, 08:26 AM

26 posts, read 54,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Call Mike 516 538 0178 from Giordano Garden Services in W-Hempstead
thanks.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:34 AM

8,688 posts, read 11,076,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
He's been blowing for 17 years? I was hoping my guy would tire out soon...or get lung cancer from breathing in all that crap daily.
I had a neighbor like that. He did really die of lung cancer. A bit OCD but he was a nice guy.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:53 PM

577 posts, read 979,199 times
Now many landscapers are using the walk behind leaf blowers along with several of the backpack blowers. The noise is intense!

Old 12-09-2018, 05:04 PM

63 posts, read 86,625 times
How many of these illegal immigrant leaf blower services actually do anything besides blow leaves into the street and take 6 hours to mow half an acre of stunted grass? If so, I'll go around to my neighbors and do all this in 1/10th the time with less noise and grief and for less money.

I ask because I rent a house and my landlord is paying this group of weapons-grade idiots to do just that. No leaf removal, the guy blows it all into a pile in the back yard that has been seemingly growing for years into a massive debris pile. AND THEN! They notice some leaves blew off the pile, so OUT COME THE BACKPACKS AGAIN to move them around some more. They're making BS work for themselves to keep busy. I would rather do it myself and save myself the irritation of these guys coming by and wrecking my ear drums and giving me lung cancer. Raking and bagging, and mowing with a manual cutter, is all the property needs. I'm at the point now where when it is dead silent, I still hear the sound of those leaf blowers ringing in my ears.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:25 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
Lazy politicians too good to do any of this type of work themselves will never stand behind any noise ordinance against these things.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:51 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swelshbucket View Post
How many of these illegal immigrant leaf blower services actually do anything besides blow leaves into the street and take 6 hours to mow half an acre of stunted grass? If so, I'll go around to my neighbors and do all this in 1/10th the time with less noise and grief and for less money.

I ask because I rent a house and my landlord is paying this group of weapons-grade idiots to do just that. No leaf removal, the guy blows it all into a pile in the back yard that has been seemingly growing for years into a massive debris pile. AND THEN! They notice some leaves blew off the pile, so OUT COME THE BACKPACKS AGAIN to move them around some more. They're making BS work for themselves to keep busy. I would rather do it myself and save myself the irritation of these guys coming by and wrecking my ear drums and giving me lung cancer. Raking and bagging, and mowing with a manual cutter, is all the property needs. I'm at the point now where when it is dead silent, I still hear the sound of those leaf blowers ringing in my ears.
At least those illegals blow it into a pile.

My neighbors' illegals blows it into my yard since I'm the only house of the street that doesn't use them.

Where's ICE when you need em.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 AM

20,042 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Beatty's Butt View Post
I told my wife to mow the lawn...she went for a Brazilian wax.
Badoom crash!
I'll be here all night. Please take care of your bartenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: