Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2022, 02:27 PM

181 posts, read 444,972 times

Advertisements

I can’t believe this thread is still alive! I’m so glad I didn’t get a co op. The house I got in 2017 was in the general area of fisherman’s wharf but was a much better deal! For 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a basement, and large living room, kitchen, and dining room, plus a yard - all of that is just slightly more than what I would’ve paid for any co op! Those maintenance fees (800 per month) at the time were akin to property taxes and all it would’ve gotten me was 2 bed rooms and maybe slightly larger living space. Sure, the prices were around 200k but factor in maintenance and a slight tax on property, I’m still paying around the same as my 275k mortgage and 10k annual property taxes, but then I get a lot less!

I go to the gym by fisherman’s wharf and that light by the entrance to both takes forever too lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 10:42 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoffin93 View Post
Even if I am, that does not take away from the fact that I am a current shareholder with vested interests in the entire property and the business of running said property. This place is advertised as being dog friendly but that is clearly just another misrepresentation to try and attract more interest and increase property value.

Sounds like you’re trying to discredit my statement over irrelevant issues.
I'm not trying to discredit anyone.

Old 01-01-2023, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 576 times
The board needs to go the current president and vice president are leading the community towards bankruptcy. They have installed cameras for surveillance They are watching our every move. They are using shareholder money to sue residents for nonsense. In turn the coop is being shed because of the way the board is treating residents. SHAREHOLDERS WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TO LATE. The board president and vice president need to be thrown off the board. We are being watched like prisoners . Money is being spent like crazy and there has been no communication with the shareholders.

Old 01-21-2024, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 188 times
Default Get a life

Fisherman's Wharf is a beautiful development with many great amenities. The property is very well kept. It is a diverse community of young people as well as retired people. It is not cheap, but what is in NY? Unfortunately there are people there that do not have a life and make the board and the community their entire focus. It is very sad. They get together and complain about the board and anything else that doesn't suit them and this makes for a unified group. Now they have friends to play with. The complaining and commiserating has brought them together and given them a purpose.This is a small, disgruntled and pathetic group. The rest of the community are normal people who want a clean and nice place to live, a place to go about their business, enjoy their neighbors and live their lives. As long as you stay away from the disgruntled bunch, this a great place to live. It is well kept, clean, safe, there is a beautiful pool, a gym, a clubhouse, two lakes and it very close to town and the train. You cannot get much better in this area. Most people are lovely. Of course you will always have some bad apples in any community. Just stand clear of them.
And, I am not selling. I am telling you like it is. These units go like hotcakes as soon as one is listed so I am not trying to make this place sound better. I am being honest. I find it frustrating to read some of these comments as they are just not true. I have lived here for almost 15 years and love it. I have wonderful neighbors. I have experienced many boards and there are always people who hate each board. It is just the nature of the beast for a co-op. You can never make everyone happy. That is just the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island