Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 AM

80 posts, read 213,051 times

Advertisements

What do we have in store for property value assessments & tax assessments for nassau & suffolk?

And how do you think this will affect the real estate market for 2011?

I am hearing that plenty of local villages are bleeding red ink on their books and they need to raise property taxes. This will obviously lower property values since buyers in the market will take the taxes into account of how much they are willing to pay for it - since they also have mortgage payment besides just the taxes plus utilities & upkeep.

I am seeing lots of local villages becoming run down like Queens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 06:25 AM

126 posts, read 522,476 times
Quote:
I am seeing lots of local villages becoming run down like Queens
When was the last time you visited Whitestone, Bayside Gables, Malba. I've lived in Queens all my life and just now moved to Massapequa. I've seen a lot more of run down areas and struggling bussiness in the year i've lived in the Island that i ever did in Queens.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM

80 posts, read 213,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacike View Post
When was the last time you visited Whitestone, Bayside Gables, Malba. I've lived in Queens all my life and just now moved to Massapequa. I've seen a lot more of run down areas and struggling bussiness in the year i've lived in the Island that i ever did in Queens.
Those are exceptions in Queens.

Most of Long Island in Nassau & Suffolk, however, is much better than most parts of Queens in terms of aesthetics, crime, congestion and schools.

And this has nothing to do with "struggling businesses". I'm sure there are millionaire business owners running their operations in Queens - But do they live there? Not all of them.

This post had nothing to do with commercialization. I'm sure that some businesses in Queens maybe very profitable & are making their owners very well off.

The residential sector however in Queens is generally run down.

Long Island's South Shore, I agree IS becoming run down in it's residential sector & maybe even in it's commercial sector. (Hamptons excluded)

I think that part of Long Island you speak of is becoming just like Queens.

However the rest of long island within Nassau & Suffolk's residential sector generally is much much better off than Queens.

Last edited by mcmsinger; 01-07-2011 at 11:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island