Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:13 PM

33 posts, read 62,580 times

Advertisements

I'd like info on the lexington area. I'm currently in bowling green, ky. Why should I move to lexington? What are the best things about the city? Does it have good culture? Info of that nature would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 AM

844 posts, read 2,101,641 times
You might get more response if you post in the Lexington section.

I can only give you my impression of Lexington as someone who moved from a different part of the globe. If you already live in Kentucky, then Lexington may be a totally different experience.

I enjoy the natural beauty of the area. There is just enough to do here, and when I get bored I can fly out of here to Vegas. Not too many dating opportunities for young single folk, though. What don't I like? Lexington's large groups of militant liberal anti-Christian hatemongers, and the terrible traffic. I should not have to wait 10 minutes at any intersection in a town this size. Some of the red lights are two songs long, even when there is no traffic out.

Last edited by Wing Feathers; 09-10-2009 at 09:16 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM

33 posts, read 62,580 times
Hmmm...that's very interesting. I have had many tell me that lexington is one of the most conservative bigger cities that you will ever find. Anyway, the traffic is something that concerns me as I hate sitting in traffic almost more than anything. Seems like driving to work everyday would be pure misery.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:41 AM

The liberals here are more militant than when I lived in Los Angeles... if that gives you perspective. They are a very vocal minority, perhaps because they feel surrounded by "the enemy" and "those Christians". You should have seen the hate spread here on another thread a few weeks back! Just do not put a conservative sticker on your car or it will get keyed.

Traffic sucks for a town this size. Some people don't seem to mind it at all... I am just not one of those people However, I've learned to check my email, read a book, etc, while waiting at certain intersections. It somewhat helps.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,667 times
Thumbs up Come to Lexington - You will Love it!

Lexington, Kentucky is one of the most beautiful places on earth. You are never more than a 1/2 hour away from the beautiful horse farms (which you can drive by at anytime and admire the view). Two times each year (April and October) Keenland opens up and it transforms the city. It is by far the most beautiful track you can imagine. You must go!

In addition to the horses, we have a wonderful college sports lifestyle. If you like UK, then you will love Lexington. If you are not a UK fan, then don't watch television, listen to the radio, or get on any local websites. UK and Lexington are married and it is a wonderful relationship.

If you want to go clubbing, Lexington has a ton of wonderful night spots. They are scattered throughout the city, but every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday you will see all types of people walking in and out of clubs downtown.

If you are into dining then Lexington has everything you need. We have a large number of restuarants for you to choose from. Also, Lexington has a ton of shopping options, including the largest mall in the state (Fayette Mall).

If you are thinking of buying a home in Lexington, you can buy anywhere from $75K and up. There are also a lot of apartment complexes to live in...

All in all, Lexington is a wonderful city. I am sure that there are more things that I did not mention, but maybe others can back me up. You can travel all over the country and not find a better place to LIVE than Lexington.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:27 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
What don't I like? Lexington's large groups of militant liberal anti-Christian hatemongers, and the terrible traffic.
Quote:
The liberals here are more militant than when I lived in Los Angeles... if that gives you perspective. They are a very vocal minority, perhaps because they feel surrounded by "the enemy" and "those Christians". You should have seen the hate spread here on another thread a few weeks back! Just do not put a conservative sticker on your car or it will get keyed.
Must you turn every discussion into Christians vs Liberals?? Let it go. No one cares but you.

Maybe try to practice some of that tolerance & being non-judgemental you guys like to preach.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Must you turn every discussion into Christians vs Liberals?? Let it go. No one cares but you.

Maybe try to practice some of that tolerance & being non-judgemental you guys like to preach.
It is an important aspect of life in Lexington, which is the topic at hand.

Let your hate go Try to practice some of that tolerance & being non-judgemental you guys like to preach.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 AM

58 posts, read 140,667 times
Quote:
It is an important aspect of life in Lexington, which is the topic at hand.

Let your hate go Try to practice some of that tolerance & being non-judgemental you guys like to preach.
I think wildcatt86 should move to Lexington and then you guys could hang out together. Wouldn't that be cool?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokygirl View Post
I think wildcatt86 should move to Lexington and then you guys could hang out together. Wouldn't that be cool?
Okay

Old 10-12-2009, 06:31 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
I'd like info on the lexington area. I'm currently in bowling green, ky. Why should I move to lexington? What are the best things about the city? Does it have good culture? Info of that nature would be greatly appreciated.
Rather than us tell you why you should live here, maybe you should tell us why you are considering moving there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area