Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:28 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

I have never seen or heard of any Asian gangs here. But how would us old farts know. Ask your school kids. They would know....right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Gangs here in Las Vegas exist, but they are way less visible than in California.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:17 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
Funny I have not seen any gangs here. I think we just have wannabes from CA, or kids just trying to seem like they are cool, like the 702 boys or whatever they were called.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:46 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I have never seen or heard of any Asian gangs here. But how would us old farts know. Ask your school kids. They would know....right?
Maybe someone should start an Old Farts Gang. Could be interesting!!

Old 07-03-2008, 05:54 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comandtrad View Post
I'm moving from CA to LV soon for a new job and get my family out of a bad area. Worried about gang influence on my son. Are there Asian gangs present in Las Vegas?
As a law enforcement officer here, we are seeing crimes committed by Asian "gangs" becoming more frequent. Not to the epidemic proportions like other places but they are surely up and coming. The other issue we have here is that Las Vegas is a "melting pot" for gangs. I have seen white Crips and Asian members of MS13 so race is not the issue here.

Just keep this in mind, When LA cracked down on Gangs, Where do think alot of them went? They didn't just disappear. Many of them came here. And in reality, they are much more than just "wannabes" from CA. Many of these people are in fact the real deal.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:42 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,470 times
Good words from cjski21

Also no one should take "wannabes" lightly, they often feel they have something to prove and the bullets from their guns will kill just the same as hardcore gang members.

A few years ago there was an Asian gang killing at the food court of a local mall.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 PM

191 posts, read 665,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
Good words from cjski21

Also no one should take "wannabes" lightly, they often feel they have something to prove and the bullets from their guns will kill just the same as hardcore gang members.

A few years ago there was an Asian gang killing at the food court of a local mall.

Coming from LA, and having been a street thug in my younger days...i have to agree, there is none to very little wannabe's in a gang, they might be a peewee or a newbie now,but they are heading for OG status down the line.

not unless you are an online/MTV gangster lol.

OFF TOPIC: Kalbo where did you get your name? are you flip?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:47 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosozoku View Post

OFF TOPIC: Kalbo where did you get your name? are you flip?
Got it from my wife who is from the Philippines.

For those that don't know Kalbo is the Filipino word for bald head.

Also using the word "flip" could be taken the wrong way by many Filipinos.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:01 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
That is true about the wannabes.

I personally have not had any run in with gangs (Knock on wood), and only hear what the news reports. Which they always seem to make sound worse then what it is.

I also know where in town where to stay away from, too!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:52 AM

191 posts, read 665,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
Got it from my wife who is from the Philippines.

For those that don't know Kalbo is the Filipino word for bald head.

Also using the word "flip" could be taken the wrong way by many Filipinos.
i see,you are married to a pinay..cool.

I myself am a full blooded bald headed (kalbong) pinoy.

As for the "flip" comment the only reason i could think of the pinoy's that get offended by it..would be because they would think you are calling them flip as in "flipped in the head" or "flipping out".

But it is commonly used and accepted as a slang in the Filipino community as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas