Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2023, 09:15 PM

74 posts, read 59,408 times

Advertisements

What is your opinion of the best hospital in Las Vegas both in term of ER response and hospital care (once we are admitted into the hospital). We are thinking about moving to Vegas and understand there is a shortage of family doctors and concierge doctor may be a solution. But what about hospital? We visited Orlando earlier this year and Orlando health put their ER wait time on their website and it was generally great (10-15 minutes). We visited their ER and talked to the receptionist and doctors there and was very impressed. I am hoping that it is as good in Las Vegas. I live in N Cal now and we have to wait a 2-3 hours for ER for non life threatening illness. Any recommendation for concierge doctor?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 10:17 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
The main trauma center is University Hospital on Charleston.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:21 PM

83 posts, read 66,826 times
I had my knee replaced at Centennial Hills. I was never admitted to the floor, I was kept in recovery until the next afternoon until discharge. I was not the only patient overnighting in PACU. The reason I was told was hospital beds not available because of the number of ER patients waiting for a bed, which in turn will jack up your ER wait times, Not recommended.

I had a total shoulder replacement at Southern Hills. Efficient check in, recovery in PACU and then admitted to single bed room. Clean rooms, attentive Nurses. Would recommend.

I am a pretty low care patient. I am a retired RN and pretty much take care of myself. If I need something I walk to the Nurse's station and ask.

With the advent of stand alone ERs around the city the need to go to the hospital has been eliminated for many issues. If you go to one and need further care I am sure they get you to the mothership and straight into an ER bed without much wait.

I am not sure how the hospitals here figure wait time. If it is until first contact with a Nurse it could be only minutes, but then you sit in the waiting room for hours for a bed to open up in the back. I have been treated from start to finish in the waiting room for a kidney stone in the past. Never saw the back.

As I age I dread the thought of needing more medical care because for non-emergent "emergencies" it can take a long time to be treated.

I avoid Sunrise and University Hospitals like the plague.

bob

Last edited by RocketRider; 10-06-2023 at 05:32 PM..

Old 10-07-2023, 08:45 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Between the bad reputation of medical care and the water shortage issues, I don’t know if I’d move to Las Vegas again. But I live here now and have read that Southern Hills is the best hospital in the valley and in the State of NV.

Old 10-07-2023, 08:48 AM

74 posts, read 59,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRider View Post
I had my knee replaced at Centennial Hills. I was never admitted to the floor, I was kept in recovery until the next afternoon until discharge. I was not the only patient overnighting in PACU. The reason I was told was hospital beds not available because of the number of ER patients waiting for a bed, which in turn will jack up your ER wait times, Not recommended.

I had a total shoulder replacement at Southern Hills. Efficient check in, recovery in PACU and then admitted to single bed room. Clean rooms, attentive Nurses. Would recommend.

I am a pretty low care patient. I am a retired RN and pretty much take care of myself. If I need something I walk to the Nurse's station and ask.

With the advent of stand alone ERs around the city the need to go to the hospital has been eliminated for many issues. If you go to one and need further care I am sure they get you to the mothership and straight into an ER bed without much wait.

I am not sure how the hospitals here figure wait time. If it is until first contact with a Nurse it could be only minutes, but then you sit in the waiting room for hours for a bed to open up in the back. I have been treated from start to finish in the waiting room for a kidney stone in the past. Never saw the back.

As I age I dread the thought of needing more medical care because for non-emergent "emergencies" it can take a long time to be treated.

I avoid Sunrise and University Hospitals like the plague.

bob
Thanks for sharing your experience. I did a bit of research using US news rating for hospital and some online info. Looks like St. rose San Marine campus @ Warmspring and Mountain View are the two better hospital in Vegas. Anyone has experience there? Anyone has experience with concierge doctor? How much is your monthly retainer fee and what is your experience using those concierge doctors?

Old 10-07-2023, 01:49 PM

63 posts, read 67,566 times
I’ve had great experiences at Summerlin, St. Rose San Marin, and Southern Hills.

Old 10-07-2023, 03:53 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
You can find concierge doc in any area using www.MDvip.com
We use a concierge doctor in Henderson and it costs approx $100/mo. So my DH and I pay about $5K annually.

Old 10-08-2023, 03:21 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,433,951 times
People are talking like they are free to choose which hospital to go for treatments. In most cases, you are restricted to only the hospital your health plan contracted with. So if you want XYZ hospital, you should look for the health plan (or medical group) that has contract with XYZ hospital.

Old 10-08-2023, 03:28 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,433,951 times
Speaking of concierge doctors, I am with Molina health plan. It's an HMO, they assign a nurse practitioner to me as my primarycare provider, who had no idea what NMR lipid profile is when I discussed my cholesterol level with her, and had no idea what those over the counter cholesterol control supplements were. I sure won't pay any extra to get "concierge service" from this provider. Please do avoid Molina as plagues, they have no human customer support, they don't reply emails either. They don't do anything.

Last edited by Scott456; 10-08-2023 at 04:50 PM..

Old 10-08-2023, 05:32 PM

1,622 posts, read 1,705,983 times
If you need to go to an ER, you probably need to go to one that is fairly close to where you are at the time. You should research the ER's close to where you live. If you are in a different area of town than where you live and need an ER, you should probably find one that is close to where you are, not where you live. If you go to an Urgent Care facility and they can't help you, you have wasted precious time and probably need to get to a nearby ER asap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: