Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 PM

14 posts, read 66,556 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering a relocation to the Vegas area, and have looked around at Gated Communities. We found Tuscany Master Planned Community (Rhodes Homes) in Henderson along Boulder Highway and wondered if anyone has experience living there? It looks very nice, and there is a nice range of houses for various price ranges. Does anyone live there? Has anyone heard any negative things about living out that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 02:30 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
IGuessNotSki.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:57 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Geez, give it time. Most people are still on vacation til next year, no time to post.
There are several posters on this board that live in that area. Give them time to find the thread, so wait patiently. And jfk, go play on the new york board for a change.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:20 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
He can't, they threw him off

Old 12-28-2007, 08:01 PM

818 posts, read 3,698,026 times
I have good friends who live in Tuscany. It's a really nice golf course community, built by Rhodes, who also build Rhodes Ranch in the SW part of town. If this is your type of community, you should like it. Guard gated. The only drawbacks I see are that a lot of the homes were built in the past few years, so they may be suffering from some foreclosure and repo problems. I'm not sure of that though. Also, the area outside of Tuscany is a older part of Henderson and the schools may not be on par with other upper middle class areas. I'm sure Tuscany will have its own elementary soon though.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:08 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
He can't, they threw him off
I stay away from the NY boards (except LI, from time-to-time). They are boring compared to this one. On the LI boards...they actually AGREE with my negative posts (unlike you guys/gals here!)

Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
I'll have to check out the NY board some night when I am bored.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:10 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'll have to check out the NY board some night when I am bored.
I have NEVER been that bored

Old 12-30-2007, 10:01 PM

572 posts, read 1,684,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNotSki View Post
My wife and I are considering a relocation to the Vegas area, and have looked around at Gated Communities. We found Tuscany Master Planned Community (Rhodes Homes) in Henderson along Boulder Highway and wondered if anyone has experience living there? It looks very nice, and there is a nice range of houses for various price ranges. Does anyone live there? Has anyone heard any negative things about living out that way?

Ok, my two cents... If it's an older Rhodes community, you'll probably be alright. If it's a brand new community, be VERY careful. My place in Vegas was built by Rhodes and we went through problem after problem after problem for the first three years that we owned it. Everything from weatherstripping seals, to water heaters to problems with the heat and a/c (the entire water heater had to be replaces, as well as the intake and outtake valves/piping going from the exterior water tank into my unit).

Most of these things were covered under the builder's warranty, but from what I gather, my community was not the only one built by Rhodes that had these problems (I believe the one around the block from me did attempt to file a class action suit at some point.... and before you inquire, that was based solely on hearsay).

Rhodes' communities are all and all very nice places (despite everything, I love the development that I live in), just my advice to you would be to do your research and definitely check out other builders as well. If you decide to go with Rhodes, make sure you have all the warranty information in writing.

best of luck to you.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:29 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,863,454 times
I just bought a home in Tuscany as a second home and love it. I am the second owner (the first was foreclosed upon) so the house has been built for about long enough (1.5 years) for any defects to become apparent. The construction quality and the neighborhood seem great. Granted, I just bought the place and maybe my opinion will change, but so far it has exceeded my expectations.

I had a thorough professional inspection done and no problems came up. I spent the weekend cleaning up and going over the HVAC and plumbing and all look fine. The construction quality is well above standard national home builders like Pulte/KB/Beazer/etc.

The community is not done, there are still many lots to be sold and built out. My feeling is that 5-10 years from now this will be a very nice neighborhood and highly desirable, drawing comparisons to Lake Las Vegas as opposed to typical tract home projects.

The only knock I have is that the HOA is a little disorganized and not easy to get information from. This is no different than any other community I have lived in, but it would be nice for once if a new upscale HOA could get the service side together. Note that the service at the golf course, the rec center, and the security gate are all top notch and this isn't a ding against those guys. It's just the homeowners association that is run by Rhodes that seems rather lazy and disorganized.

If you are looking for a resort lifestyle, then this is it. I can't comment on family requirements like schools and things outside the community since this is a second home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas