Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:45 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Rose View Post
Checked out the link My family and I are needing a much bigger house 4-6 bed to rent or rent to own in Tenn so the link didn't help Can you let me know of some other places
You can check out The Mountain Press website and look in their classifieds, they list a lot in Seymour Area to rent. You can also search out Realtors in this area, I can list them here but will send you a private message, they rent a lot of homes in Seymour also.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 04:58 AM

127 posts, read 433,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammockbrain View Post
tndreamin, keep in touch. I live in southern Maryland and we hope to make the move down there in about 3 yrs.
Neat,another Marylander moving to TN, I haven't seen too many.. We're not moving to Seymour anymore, most likely Lenoir City. I'll definitely keep in touch. Take care!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 AM

19 posts, read 33,832 times
Default thanks for info

There is so much info I've been getting via google, but not the same as from someone who lives there. That is why I want to rent for a year then I can look around and then decide where I want to put roots in. Need to be close enough to get a decent job. Also wanting to continue my schooling want to become a RN, Thanks movein08

Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 PM

52 posts, read 200,740 times
Smile Seymour

I know of at least one sudivision near Seymour that has both city water and sewer. It is called Keenland Farms which consists of primarly modular / manufactured homes. It is a nice quiet neighborhood with a clubhouse and swimming pool. There are no doubt other subdivisions in the area that offer both city water and sewer as well.

Majestic Meadows is a nicer sudivision with beautiful homes and lots with views but no city sewer.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:17 PM

21 posts, read 63,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
You can check out The Mountain Press website and look in their classifieds, they list a lot in Seymour Area to rent. You can also search out Realtors in this area, I can list them here but will send you a private message, they rent a lot of homes in Seymour also.

Good luck.
thanks that would be helpfull i am moving to that area in june need all the help i can gitlet me know bout the other links

Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin08 View Post
There is so much info I've been getting via google, but not the same as from someone who lives there. That is why I want to rent for a year then I can look around and then decide where I want to put roots in. Need to be close enough to get a decent job. Also wanting to continue my schooling want to become a RN, Thanks movein08
That is what the forum is here for, movin08. It's great that you are doing some research on your own. It improves your search skills for one thing and let's you zero in on the things that interest you the most. You are doing fine.

Don't forget the great search engine that City-Data has at the top of every page, also. I personally like to use the advanced search. Just be sure that when you are asking a search question about economy for instance, that you include the town or county, plus state. Otherwise, you will end up with a list of posts from all over the US, if not the world!

Keep up the fine work and I hope everything works out fine for you.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:05 PM

43 posts, read 100,491 times
Default been here 10 yrs

My wife and I bought a wooded lot in 93 and moved here in 97,we rented in Marryville will I built the house. It is a Post and Beam hybrid up on a wooded hill. we like Seymour, its scenic and convenient. We also are escapees from NJ before they dreamed up that exit tax.

steve

Old 05-26-2008, 04:52 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Default No Negatives

So far I havent found anything negative about Seymour. I love it here, only been here 8 months but I think thats long enough to have found out if there were anything wrong with living here. I do believe its a little pricey, at least the apts, but still can rent homes around Seymour comparible to everywhere else nearby. I love the convenience of being close to both Knoxville and Sevierville.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:11 PM

33 posts, read 102,896 times
Default Seymour, TN Utilities and Cable Question

Hello All!
We are about to move to the Seymour area and I am wondering who is the Cable & Digital TV/Internet provider in the area? Also, what is the name of the power company that services the area?
Thanks!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,605 times
Charter cable offers a package that has cable,telephone and internet all in one for $119 I think. they cover all of Seymour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville