Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2023, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,924 times

Advertisements

Hi, I’m looking to relocate to Parkersburg or surrounding areas in KY. Originally from St Louis MO suburbs, then Florida for 20+ years, wife passed in 2020, then I moved in with a friend in Lakewood OH near Lake Erie a little over a year ago. I enjoy the summers here but they are too short and winters are long can be harsh. I retired about 10 years ago and my main hobby is outdoor photography, short to medium hikes and occasional bicycling.

How is the weather in central to southern KY? I’ve driven though KY and WV several times to visit my daughter in Charlottesville and there seems to be plenty of scenic areas for photography, but what about bicycling in the smaller towns like Parkersburg? Or Richmond or Berea? Other things to see or do I the area? Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,924 times
Actually the property I’m looking at is in Prestonsburg KY

Last edited by Charliem51; 06-03-2023 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Misspelling of word

Old 06-04-2023, 08:42 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Hi CharlieM! Welcome to the Kentucky thread here at City Data.
Only passed through Prestonburg but it's very pretty there, I'm sure you could find some excellent photographic
material. About the biking.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWC5LWvxQRs&t=311s

Richmond and Berea are really neat places too! I have worked with several people who commuted from Richmond to Lexington.

I have been through all the places, but have never lived there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QWEu_pW7Qs&t=715s

How is the weather? Well, it can be bi-polar at times! You never know what you are going to get.
But it does have the four seasons, which is really nice I think.

It can get hot here in the summer, but nowhere near as bad as Florida...and it can get a little cold and snowy here but nothing as bad as Lakewood Ohio. Even when it snows it's not uncommon for it to melt within a day or two...and most often it is only a small amount of snow.
You got the Appalachian Mountains, Jenny Wiley state park and The Daniel Boone National Forest all within your reach....unparalleled natural beauty!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 06-04-2023 at 08:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky