Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 10:15 PM

374 posts, read 257,390 times

Advertisements

That area has grown quite a bit since 2000. Up about 75%. I have to wonder how the traffic is these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 06:25 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrampage View Post
That area has grown quite a bit since 2000. Up about 75%. I have to wonder how the traffic is these days?
The traffic on Scottsville road is horrific during lunch, and work hours...gridlocked at times, and the county has done their best to widen roads....and yes, you are right, this area has grown extremely and continues to grow....what I love about this area is people here are so nice...hospitable and just down to earth kind people...but yes, there is always building going on....Bowling Green is an epi center for businesses to open, especially good diners, not chains or fast foods, but real honest ta goodness diners....that are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., it's loaded with fast food establishments, and chain restaurants....also, we need live theater, and especially clothing stores, the kids are always complaining about the fact that you have to drive to Nashville for clothing, because there isn't much here....they need to start building on the other side of the interstate, down below Plano Rd. for all the people moving into that area....it would help cut down traffic a little...everyone has to drive in town right now...

Old 05-03-2023, 08:05 AM

374 posts, read 257,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The traffic on Scottsville road is horrific during lunch, and work hours...gridlocked at times, and the county has done their best to widen roads....and yes, you are right, this area has grown extremely and continues to grow....what I love about this area is people here are so nice...hospitable and just down to earth kind people...but yes, there is always building going on....Bowling Green is an epi center for businesses to open, especially good diners, not chains or fast foods, but real honest ta goodness diners....that are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., it's loaded with fast food establishments, and chain restaurants....also, we need live theater, and especially clothing stores, the kids are always complaining about the fact that you have to drive to Nashville for clothing, because there isn't much here....they need to start building on the other side of the interstate, down below Plano Rd. for all the people moving into that area....it would help cut down traffic a little...everyone has to drive in town right now...

Oh ok. That makes sense. I had to figure some growing pains.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:58 AM

We live in the area of BG that requires us to use RECC Electric, we just got another hike in charges....
my electric use is a almost 70.00 this month, but they charge well over 30.00 in usage and distribution charges, everyone is so angry, out here, and they also charge a school tax....so they get you either way....if you rent or own a home, it's highway robbery. I had a much larger place before, more square footage and large drafty windows and the electric bills were fair and reasonable....not so much here...so stay away from areas that are covered by Warren Rural Elec Co-Op Corporation, they rob you blind. Greedy corporations....i know when I moved here neighbors told me that RECC was high, but never did I expect this? Constant rate hikes and usage fees

Old 07-03-2023, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrampage View Post
terrible and they just widened Scottsville Rd. last summer....and yes, it certainly has grown....I forget what the numbers are, but my son told me, it's growing so fast.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:45 AM

I remember coming to Bowling Green, many years ago, when I was in my early twenties....my cousin went to WKU, and met a girl he was dating. We came out for the Kentucky Derby every year....(btw I saw Secratariat win the Derby) That horse was amazing....sheeesh, seems like just yesterday?????

Anyway, BG was then just a quaint wholesome small little town/community, like my town back in PA that I grew up in "used" to be, but no more...and I fell in love with it....and the people living there...my cousin's girlfriends parents were the nicest, sweeteset, giving people....I wish I could remember their names...and my cousin married someone from back home, and has now passed away, so, I will never know who they were....I remember they had this huge black lab named Bear, and on one visit they took us somewhere they had bought land, in the woods and were building this beautiful nice sized cabin...that's all I remember about them.

I fell in love with BG and at that time, little did I know, I'd end up living here....but always wished to....(go figure huh) anyway, now it's fastly growing to become (last time I checked) the 3rd fastest growning city in Kentucky I believe, and prices are getting outrageous, and as with growth, greed has finally kicked in....and it's sad to see...but yeah, there is a whole lot of traffic on Scottsville Rd. all day every day...except on Holidays, seems everyone drives to a beach or lakes, on long weekends, which is nice. LOL

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-10-2023 at 08:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky