Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 11:47 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWilson View Post
Looks nice but there doesn't seem to be any lakes nearby. Is Flemingsburg nice?
I didn't see anywhere in your post asking for lakes. Flemingsburg is a nice town too but this part of KY has the Ohio River, not many large lakes. Cave Run Lake is a recreational lake in Bath County not all that far.
https://www.kentuckytourism.com/more.../cave-run-lake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 02:45 PM

17 posts, read 21,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I didn't see anywhere in your post asking for lakes. Flemingsburg is a nice town too but this part of KY has the Ohio River, not many large lakes. Cave Run Lake is a recreational lake in Bath County not all that far.
https://www.kentuckytourism.com/more.../cave-run-lake
Yeah sorry for not mentioning my need for lakes. Hopefully I can figure out how to edit posts. Also, thoughts on London?

Old 05-28-2021, 01:21 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWilson View Post
I'm looking to move to Kentucky because there's too many tourists here in Northern Georgia and I generally have a good time when I'm in Kentucky. Which city should I move to?

-I vote republican
-I don't like traffic
-I'd like to be around nice scenery
Louisville....far and away. Live in Oldham County. Oldham Co has the most transplants but still feels rural. You will get alot of boosters push other areas but theres a reason Oldham has the best schools and more transplants.

These other towns mentioned are too country and colloquial. They are very insular.
Also near Louisville consider Shelby County Ky and Floyd and Clark County Indiana. All are great suburbs of zLouisville.

I'd trust your original instinct with Louisville vs Cov. Louisville has zero traffic compared to N Ga.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:24 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,366,715 times
Peter1948 is correct IMO. Louisville vs Covington, is like day vs night, or a walk in the park vs a walk through Grand Central Station, or the Kentucky Derby vs a mud bog race...the difference to me is stark.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 05-28-2021, 05:49 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Somerset, Kentucky.

There is the Cumberland lake and nearby Dale Hollow. Hiking in Daniel Boone national forest is amazing. You’re “off” the interstate towns mentioned in other posts too. Lexington is an hour and twenty, Knoxville is two, Louisville and Nashville a bit over 2 hours. Lakes and outdoor are great and you get some elevation along tenn/ky state line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somerset,_Kentucky

Old 05-28-2021, 09:31 AM

189 posts, read 310,389 times
I would check the Cincinnati, OH forum for information on Covington. It has been cleaned up a lot over the past few decades.

Old 05-29-2021, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 3,548 times
You might like Georgetown, KY. It is right outside Lexington,close to I-75 so easy to get places, it's a college town, historic, surrounded by horse country, and about 40 minutes to Williamstown Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky