Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 03:30 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,090,692 times

Advertisements

NKY area is pretty compliant but I am sure the smaller towns further out are not as likely to enforce. Campbell County has some pretty low stats for new case counts so I am actually surprised more people are not walking into places without masks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 03:32 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,090,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
No, around, 20-30% on average have been vaccinated for most of the counties in eastern Kentucky. That's the data:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

That's interesting because I saw a recent Cincinnati Enquirer article discussing how Kentucky may actually reach heard immunity numbers with vaccine rates. Perhaps that was just NKY they were discussing since Gannett has a paywall. Rural areas will likely lag for a number of reasons (access to healthcare, distributions, doubt, etc.).

Old 04-30-2021, 05:13 PM

17,351 posts, read 11,312,371 times
These numbers are fascinating. I think Mason county is considered rural and maybe considered part of Eastern KY. It borders several Appalachian counties. I'll be permanently moving there the end of May.

I compared the percentage numbers of my current county in CA with the number of people vaccinated in all age groups in Mason County and Mason County KY comes out with a higher percentage vaccinated. Myself, I'm fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:58 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I have never understood how a Pandemic, a vaccine or a mask have anything to do with Politics.
Apples and oranges.
Wearing a Mask isn't a Political statement to me, its hoping not to contract and and especially not spreading a virus that could kill other people. That alone makes it worth it.
Everyone pretty much is wearing masks in this part of Lexington.
(I have only seen 2 little kids not wearing them recently.)
The pandemic doesn't have anything to do with politics. The politicians and the news media, and talk radio have made it political. For example, it was Thurs or Fri Biden said it"s "patriotic" to wear a mask. That's very divisive rhetoric. It's no different than when Trump was going around saying that masks are not necessary.

Old 05-01-2021, 03:30 PM

17,351 posts, read 11,312,371 times
I copied this from another thread. As of May 1, KY ranks 26th in full vaccinations, pretty much right in the middle.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-march-15.html

Old 05-02-2021, 04:25 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
The pandemic doesn't have anything to do with politics. The politicians and the news media, and talk radio have made it political. For example, it was Thurs or Fri Biden said it"s "patriotic" to wear a mask. That's very divisive rhetoric. It's no different than when Trump was going around saying that masks are not necessary.
I agree, and I say this as a person who doesn’t really mind wearing one.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:40 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,121,988 times
I’m sorry to say that I disagree and say that maybe what Biden should have said is that it is the decent thing to do. The Human thing to do. I know my position on it is that I got the stab in the same mindset that I donate blood. But if we get to the point that no one is now taking the vaccine then I will stop wearing the mask. I did what I could for the idiots who refuse. Now it would be up to Darwin for them.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,093 times
Everywhere I've been lately there have been fewer and fewer mask wearers. I would estimate 30 to 35 percent. Most folks in this part of Kentucky are independent and intelligent thinkers. The majority prefer to rely on we actually observe instead of living solely by things reported by big pharma controlled major media reports. It wasn't this way at the start of all this, but there has been a steady trend toward individual observance as opposed to mis-directed hivemind mentality. Commissar Beshear is predominately dis-liked and his unlawful orders rejected by many of our local populace, as well.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:45 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,499,887 times
Greater Louisville area has been pretty good about mask compliance. When I've been to Frankfort and Lexington the compliance with not only masks but social distancing was the best I've experienced anywhere. I just took a trip to the Gulf Coast and you get glared at for wearing a mask. Even most service workers didn't wear them.

Old 05-09-2021, 04:56 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,800,647 times
I just came back from Destin Florida, Gulf Shores Alabama, and Mobile Alabama; I didn’t notice anyone glaring at me for wearing a mask, but I’m pretty oblivious to peoples’ facial expressions unless they look like they want to kill me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky