Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 02:57 PM

83 posts, read 50,298 times

Advertisements

The most recent edition of the New Yorker magazine recently did an in-depth profile of McConnell...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...abler-in-chief

Old 05-27-2020, 07:46 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,614,627 times
I've never thought much of McConnell

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-01-2020 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: See post #21

Old 05-27-2020, 07:59 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,235,206 times
Don’t really care for him but like most of my family I’ll be voting for him anyway. Contrary to McGrath’s commercials, our powerful senator does bring home the bacon to our state. There are plenty of news outlets outside of Kentucky that constantly complain about it.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:57 PM

42 posts, read 39,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Don’t really care for him but like most of my family I’ll be voting for him anyway. Contrary to McGrath’s commercials, our powerful senator does bring home the bacon to our state.
------------------------------------------
McConnell is just as big of a disaster for America as
Trump is, but as long as you all are getting yours I guess everything is good.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-27-2020 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 05-27-2020, 04:40 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,235,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_in_Mi View Post
I disagree that he has been a disaster for the United States, and I am happy to see conservative, non-constructivist judges being placed on the bench. I just don’t care for his personality. And yes, I will gladly vote for what is in the best interest of my state. We are his constituents, after all, not the entire United States.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:56 AM

3,707 posts, read 2,442,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_in_Mi View Post
Yup.

Pork Barrell attitude.

Human nature, sadly.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:18 AM

17,394 posts, read 11,379,834 times
I like McConnell. He's not perfect but he brings some clout to the Commonwealth. Having him as the senate majority leader provides somewhat of a balance with uber liberal Nancy Pelosi of CA speaker of the House. I love that you have a large liberal highly populated state on the west coast and a small conservative state in middle America with the two most important representatives in Washington. It's part of how the Founding Fathers envisioned a balance of power between states.
As far as I'm concerned he proved his muster during the Supreme Court hearings and those liberals who wanted to derail those nominees met their match with McConnell. It's judges that will shape this country for years to come and McConnell has done an excellent job in supporting conservative leaning ones.

Of course, liberals will see his positives as negatives and that's just fine with me. He has been a disaster to the liberal cause, not to the United Sates. If McConnell was liked by democrats he wouldn't be doing his job very well.
I hope McConnell stays in office for many years to come.

Last edited by marino760; 05-28-2020 at 06:46 AM..

Old 05-28-2020, 08:21 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,294,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Yup.

Pork Barrell attitude.

Human nature, sadly.
So true. Why is it conservatives are interested in limited government, unless it entails actions that line their pockets and fosters their beliefs? McConnell is an embarrassment to his country. Fortunately, it looks like he’ll be back-benched in November. It will be so much sweeter if McGrath sends him home entirely. Kentucky voters - do us proud!

Old 05-28-2020, 10:02 AM

9,467 posts, read 9,403,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I disagree that he has been a disaster for the United States, and I am happy to see conservative, non-constructivist judges being placed on the bench. I just don’t care for his personality. And yes, I will gladly vote for what is in the best interest of my state. We are his constituents, after all, not the entire United States.
You are a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, but seem to only care about your own backyard. Sad...

Old 05-28-2020, 06:10 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,892,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I like McConnell. He's not perfect but he brings some clout to the Commonwealth. Having him as the senate majority leader provides somewhat of a balance with uber liberal Nancy Pelosi of CA speaker of the House. I love that you have a large liberal highly populated state on the west coast and a small conservative state in middle America with the two most important representatives in Washington. It's part of how the Founding Fathers envisioned a balance of power between states.
As far as I'm concerned he proved his muster during the Supreme Court hearings and those liberals who wanted to derail those nominees met their match with McConnell. It's judges that will shape this country for years to come and McConnell has done an excellent job in supporting conservative leaning ones.

Of course, liberals will see his positives as negatives and that's just fine with me. He has been a disaster to the liberal cause, not to the United Sates. If McConnell was liked by democrats he wouldn't be doing his job very well.
I hope McConnell stays in office for many years to come.

Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky