Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 10:56 PM

69 posts, read 347,025 times

Advertisements

Roughly, how many inches of snow did you guys receive this past winter and what were the average highs and lows. I'm just wondering since I will be moving there later this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 04:39 PM

149 posts, read 764,080 times
I think it depends on where yer moving from:

If from North to South then ditch yer cross country skis and ice-skates, wont use em here. If from South to North then bundle up tight for an occasional 4-5" of snow, can sneak through Winter without alot of cold weather gear, dont need snow tires pretty much anywhere in Ky.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:26 PM

69 posts, read 347,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYcoyote View Post
I think it depends on where yer moving from:

If from North to South then ditch yer cross country skis and ice-skates, wont use em here. If from South to North then bundle up tight for an occasional 4-5" of snow, can sneak through Winter without alot of cold weather gear, dont need snow tires pretty much anywhere in Ky.
This did not answer my question. Maybe I need to clarify what I was asking. I wanted to know how many inches of snow Covington received and what were the average temperatures there this past winter?

Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet View Post
This did not answer my question. Maybe I need to clarify what I was asking. I wanted to know how many inches of snow Covington received and what were the average temperatures there this past winter?
I'm guessing around 15 inches. There was one big snow storm. Temps are normally in the 30's for daytime highs in Jan & Feb on average. Ky always has warm spells during the winter when we might get up into the 50's or even 60's.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:39 PM

149 posts, read 764,080 times
No, no no InLondon... this short-spaekin visitor here has issued what he thinks is some kinda command for exact specs to last years snowfall and winter temps. Haint gonna tolerate anything less - no estimates, weather stories or guestimations. Should we tell him about winter tornados? Nah, let him find out for hisself.

Here, lets provide what he needs to find out what he wants then maybe he'll leave us alone.

NOAA's National Weather Service
www.weather.noaa.gov/ (broken link)
National Weather Service - Western Region Headquarters
National Weather Service - Central Region Headquarters Home Page

No hard feelings IraqiVet, but askin about yer typical Kentucky weather is loaded question you'll never git direct answer for. Caint ever expect one season to follow whatever occurred the year before.

Last edited by KYcoyote; 04-13-2008 at 07:15 PM..

Old 04-13-2008, 07:45 PM

30 posts, read 136,404 times
20" maybe - mostly from a 15" dumping in mid-March.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:05 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYcoyote View Post
No, no no InLondon... this short-spaekin visitor here has issued what he thinks is some kinda command for exact specs to last years snowfall and winter temps. Haint gonna tolerate anything less - no estimates, weather stories or guestimations. Should we tell him about winter tornados? Nah, let him find out for hisself.

Here, lets provide what he needs to find out what he wants then maybe he'll leave us alone.

www.weather.noaa.gov/
National Weather Service - Western Region Headquarters
National Weather Service - Central Region Headquarters Home Page

No hard feelings IraqiVet, but askin about yer typical Kentucky weather is loaded question you'll never git direct answer for. Caint ever expect one season to follow whatever occurred the year before.

That is so true! Each winter seems to be completely different than the one before. Welcome to Kentucky!

Old 04-15-2008, 03:21 PM

156 posts, read 631,107 times
Agreed coyote if you want exact stats, check Google

In case you're not clear on where you are moving, covingon is basically in downtown cincinnati, so you might just check links for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky