Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:49 PM

149 posts, read 185,945 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the warm welcome messages!

gman is right about our trying to "unplug" for the day and getting rained out. We ended up back home, and guess what.... we unpacked some more!!

Sheri is really working on making this place "ours"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 07:47 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,762,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMan73 View Post
Well, we're here in SW Kentucky, arrived Monday evening after 13 hours on the road.
We just got our internet up a day ago so we have been "dark" for a few days and I am just trying to get caught up.
It has been a very busy week with movers coming in, doors and windows going in, yada, yada, yada!

Now that all the deliveries, etc. are done we are ready to enjoy retirement!!

MO
Welcome...just don't bring TOO many retirees with you....we don't want to be TN or NC....but we will take a little of it

Old 09-20-2015, 09:15 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,884,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Welcome...just don't bring TOO many retirees with you....we don't want to be TN or NC....but we will take a little of it

WOW...what a statement.......

Old 09-20-2015, 09:44 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,564,880 times
Quote:
Bring all you want. We're friendly to all kinds of folks

Old 09-21-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Bring all you want. We're friendly to all kinds of folks
I'm SOOOOOOO confused!!!

Old 09-21-2015, 09:15 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,884,169 times
Quote:
I'm SOOOOOOO confused!!!

Sorry Mo....while I'll take no credit for the statement, I will apologize to you and, anyone else in advance.

Some people are just delusional, living in their own "Little" world without any concept of reality.

Welcome to Kentucky!

Old 09-21-2015, 03:40 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,762,017 times
Quote:
I'm SOOOOOOO confused!!!
Mo, My comment was meant to welcome you to KY. My joke was myself and most that live here do not want the rapid growth, increase crime, traffic, and sprawl that they are seeing in TN or NC due to rapid in migration. Because of KY's poor tax code and agrarian minded government, I do not see that occurring anytime soon. But travel to any "major" city in TN or NC and you will see what I mean.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:38 AM

hogs,
Thanks for the welcome! It feels good to finally be here permanently!

Peter,
No biggie, no offense taken! Its funny you mention TN and NC, both of which we considered. The more we looked the more we decided both of those were not for us for exactly the reasons you mention.

MO

Old 09-22-2015, 12:16 PM

536 posts, read 962,846 times
Hey Mo man! So glad you made it to your final destination. I hope you love living in Western KY. Look forward to hearing up dates, and maybe seeing some pictures??? We are still a ways out on our retirement plans, but we are planning to visit the area again soon.

Glad you had a safe trip. I missed a lot of posts here, I haven't been on line much.

Take care and congratulations on your retirement, may you and Sheri enjoy many, many years of happiness.

Tamara

Old 09-22-2015, 09:11 PM

Tamara,
Thanks for the warm wishes!
Yes, it definitely feels GREAT to finally be here! As you know, it has been a 1 1/2 year venture, and we certainly are glad it is over! We are getting all straightened away, and Sheri is doing an awesome job of making this our "home"! She really rocks!!

I will get some pics to you soon, after we are done "setting up home"!

As for the retirement ... I still don't feel like I have retired yet as the past month has been so busy!

You'll have to let us know when you will be in town again!

MO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky