Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,537,321 times

Advertisements

Which city is the the best to live in terms of short commute to the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport:

Florence
Oakbrook
Burlington
Erlander
Elsmere
Edgewood
Fort Mitchell
Villa Hills
Covington

Please comment on:

Crime
Shopping
School district
Age of homes
Overall opinion of these areas

Which would be closest to a place like Mason or Montgomery, Ohio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,753,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Which city is the the best to live in terms of short commute to the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport:

Florence
Oakbrook
Burlington
Erlander
Elsmere
Edgewood
Fort Mitchell
Villa Hills
Covington

Please comment on:

Crime
Shopping
School district
Age of homes
Overall opinion of these areas

Which would be closest to a place like Mason or Montgomery, Ohio?

IMO covington is best.

However, Edgewood is most like the north Cincy burbs like Mason.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,537,321 times
Thanks. I will check the city-data stats on both areas.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,753,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Thanks. I will check the city-data stats on both areas.
I know I am a moderator....but never trust CD stats. Many are dated or just plain wrong. Go straight to the "horse's mouth:"

Census Bureau Homepage

Old 03-04-2013, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,485 times
I have lived in Elsmere, Florence, Burlington, and now Fort Mitchell.
Stay away from Covington, unless in the Wallace Woods area. Very bad schools there, high crime. I manage rentals in Covington, and have my office there.

Fort Mitchell is definitely one of the nicest areas in NKY. Best schools- Beechwood. Low crime. Very nice homes.
Burlington is nice, but horrible access to highway. Takes 15 minutes to get on and off interstate. Fort Mitchell is right on, right off. Florence is too high traffic because of mall, and a very transitional city.

Edgewood/Ft. Wright are right next to Fort Mitchell, but don't have as nice of schools.

Good Luck!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
I assume you are looking for easy access to the airport. I would say anywhere in Florence, Hebron is good too, but kind of pricey for what you get, and traffic is HORRIBLE in Boone county. I often wonder how traffic can be as bad as it is sometimes on a Sunday night or a Tuesday at 1pm..makes no sense!

Is it just me, or does anyone wonder why Cincinnati does not just build or upgrade their airport over there and thus not even need the airport in NKY anymore? Upon moving here, I never could understand why they had the Cincinnati Intl airport deep within KY..?? It would make more sense to build up the airport in Blue Ash or Lunken, as most people using the airport use it to go to and fro from somewhere in Cincinnati, OH has plenty of land available for a very large airport.

I may talk to someone about that idea here soon, as I have frequent lunches with people in business in Cincinnati. Im surprised Ive not heard of anyone suggesting this before though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky