Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,271 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I recently found out my Dad's father was his adopted father. I have found out who my real grandpop is and am doing some research. I hear our clan is huge. I found out my grandpop was born in Happy, KY and alot of our clan is still in that area. So to my point. I would like to know all about Happy as I am thinking of relocating there. Is it dry? What is the population? What is housing like to rent or buy? What is employment like ? is it hard to find a job? What are wages like? I'd like to know all that kind of stuff. I am also looking for any Kilbournes.
Thank you for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,324 times
I have a ton of family in Doty Creek which is near Jeremiah, KY. It is just a few miles from Happy. I haven't been down there in years as it's at the other end of the state from here. But as I remember it it is up in the hills and the roads are narrow, I don't know if it is wet or dry down there, but I'd guess dry. It's pretty down there, but there is ever less to do there than it is here ... and that's saying a lot.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 PM

329 posts, read 1,099,233 times
If it's anywhere in Eastern, KY.. and is a small town... your job prospects are probably very slim picken's. I love Eastern, KY, as I live here myself, but economically we are the poorest part of the state and jobs are relatively scarce the more rural you are.

Good luck in finding your family. You might give this a try.... I wrote the post office in small towns inquiring about police departments for jobs... and I addressed many of the letters of inquiry to the postmaster. Many wrote me back to give me any information or even just opinions on their town/county, etc. You may have great luck in doing something like that with a letter to the local Happy Post Office or maybe the local library if they have one... people in these parts tend to be very helpful when it comes to family/kin... or about their towns.. etc.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,764 times
my ancestor founded happy kentucky

Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 AM

638 posts, read 1,281,645 times
Lovin' the name!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky