Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 08:50 PM

312 posts, read 1,375,562 times

Advertisements

On the Big Island I'm familiar with the smaller, more inexpensive hotels like Manago Inn, Dolphin Bay Inn, etc, that you won't see on hotels.com and stuff, but I'm not really familiar with any on Kaua'i. Mostly if there are any in Kapa'a or north. I'm not naive enough to think there are any in Princeville/Hanalei, but ideally and normally we always stay in Hanalei, but our normal lodgings don't look like they'll work out next year. I'm familiar with the Hanalei Inn and have stayed there many times, so don't worry about suggesting that one. Any suggestions for this type of thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 08:54 PM

I'd note that small cottages and the like won't work, this is for a group of 35 people total. Thanks again!

Old 10-29-2014, 04:24 PM

198 posts, read 387,443 times
Go to tripadvisor Kauai Forum for advice on this question.

Off the top of my head.....try the "Garden Inn" at Kalapaki

or the "Kalaheo Inn" in Kalaheo

they are true mom and pop places. Give them plenty of heads up.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:17 PM

With so few answers, maybe I can add if anyone can recommend group style camps? The only YMCA is in Haena and they fill up fast. Any other camps like that? We're already staying in Koke'e so for the second half of our time on Kaua'i we need something preferably on the North Shore, but if necessity requires, we can go as far south as Kapa'a. Any group camps/bunks similar to Camp Sloggett or YMCA, etc, that you can think of? We can't "really camp", so the place needs to have bunks/beds. Thanks again!

Old 11-04-2014, 09:33 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,690,061 times
Did you follow KauaiPono's advice and look in the Tripadvisor Travel Forum? I just did a quick search and found some answers to questions just like yours. They must have more posters there from Kauai then here on C-D.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:26 PM

I did look at the forum, but I didn't really find anything I haven't seen before. It's possible that means there isn't anything.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 11,432 times
Kauai is a place of large corporate hotels. We also condos and vacation shares. True Mom and Pop hotels are a thing of the past here, with the exceptions mentioned by Kauai Pono. There are a couple of B&Bʻs but much too small for your needs.

The YMCA camp has been allowed to deteriorate to the point that itʻs falling apart as best I can see from the public access path to the beach. Itʻs in one of the best locations on the the North Shore, sitting directly on the ocean, yet so poorly maintained that it makes me sad.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:30 PM

Yeah, we've stayed at the YMCA in the past, but they don't have room for us this year and haven't in a long time. It's unfortunate-I wish there were less corporate options. We had to go with something in Kapa'a that's definitely not mom and pop, but it will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
View detailed profiles of: