Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 PM

3 posts, read 10,734 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

we live in SC right now but are considering a relocation to a beach area close to Jacksonville. Jobs/commute times are not a consideration. We have two children that are not school age yet, but of course will be so that is a huge consideration for me, and would also like to be close to the beach. I haven't done a lot of research yet but found this forum so thought I would start here.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks!!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:03 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Jax Beach is nice, but can be prohibitively expensive for many people. I'm not sure how Surfside SC compares on that level.

There is a top notch public elementary school in Jax Beach - one of the very best around.

So, commute no issue, but what else are you looking for? Can you provide more details? The more details you can provide, the better the feedback will be for you .

Old 10-24-2007, 07:47 AM

3 posts, read 10,734 times
Really, we'd consider any beach town, but want to stay within driving distance to Jacksonville. I'm quite certain the COL would be considerably more in FL. We're 6 blocks from the beach here in SC. We'd be looking for a 4 bedroom house. According to my DH, the cheaper the better but that's not really how I see it.

We haven't been down there yet, so I have no idea what is realistic and what isn't. I'd like to be close to a Target and a Starbucks.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:15 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachykeener View Post
Really, we'd consider any beach town, but want to stay within driving distance to Jacksonville. I'm quite certain the COL would be considerably more in FL. We're 6 blocks from the beach here in SC. We'd be looking for a 4 bedroom house. According to my DH, the cheaper the better but that's not really how I see it.

We haven't been down there yet, so I have no idea what is realistic and what isn't. I'd like to be close to a Target and a Starbucks.
Plenty of Targets and Starbucks in Jax and in Jax Beach area, not to worry .

6 blocks from the beach here - in a single family home - will be costly, I would say you could plan on spending north of $500k for a decent sized move-in ready home, and I might even be a little optimistic in saying that - the beach has gotten expensive (condos are cheaper, of course).

If you're willing to drive to the beach - a 10-15 minute drive - the you could look just to the west of the Intracoastal and the home prices will drop significantly. Nice, move-in ready homes can range from $250k and up, depending on your specific needs (lots of homes for sale in the $250's-$400's). Check out zips 32224, 32246, & 32225 to get an idea. Oh, and in this area, you are in Jacksonville, so if you wanted to get downtown or to another part of the city, you're already technically in the city (you'd be in the suburbs).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville