Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 05:52 PM

7 posts, read 3,178 times

Advertisements

Islam is one of the major world religions. There are 2 billion Muslims worldwide of the 8 billion Humans on Earth. This means one in every four humans is a Muslim. Muslims are found on every continent, even stationed in Antarctica. Muslims are in every country, even North Korea has a mosque at the Iranian embassy for Muslims, mainly Iranian nationals though. From Indonesia to Morocco and from Spain to Kenya, Muslims once ruled over or were found dominant in much of Africa, Arabia, Persia, India, Central Asia, and Southeast Asia. Even the far East, in China, there are old mosques and a long history of Islam for nearly 1000 years. In the New World Muslims are neighbors, coworkers, and politicians making decisions. The US city of Hamtramck, Michigan is full of Muslims which make up the majority of the city and even have been elected mayor.

With Muslims in so many places for such a long time, it's no wonder there are various sects and interpretations of Islam. The Prophet Muhammad, Peace be upon him and his progeny, is said to have once said: "My nation will split up into many sects just as the Christians and Jews have, and only one will be rightly guided." Many Muslims believe deviant and misguided Muslims will be temporarily in hell before reaching paradise. So it pays to have sound mind and chose a sect that is comforting a positively right. Most converts to Islam follow Sunni Islam, the main branch of Islam, which is considered to be Orthodox Islam. The other two branches, Ibadi and Shia, are often out of question. Ibadi originated from the Khawareej. And those Shia Muslims, they curse the companions of the prophet and his wife, Aisha, don't they? They cut themselves with chains and swords, right? Well, extremely devoted Shiites of certain sects do. But many Shias consider this to be completely forbidden and heretical. Then there are the Zaydi Muslims. Zaydi Islam is the oldest branch of Shia Islam. Zaydi Muslims don't curse the companions of the prophet or his wives, they don't do mutah, they don't do tatbir, they don't pray on stone tablets. Zaydis don't do things that Twelvers and Ismailis do that often gets Shias looked at as unorthodox. Zaydi Muslims are closer to Sunni Muslims than other Shias. If you don't believe Sunni Islam is right, maybe because of its history of reforms and changes in theology, philosophy, and dominate school of thought, meaning it is full of innovations and not pure Islam, then Zaydi Islam makes more sense, right? If you believe the Sunni caliphs made some mistakes as historians say they did, and you believe Muslims need to have an Imam to help guide them, but you don't like odd rituals many Ismailis and Twelvers perform, there's Zaydiyyah branch of Shia Islam. The neutral middle ground.

Zaydi Muslims are mostly found in Najran Valley in Saudi Arabia as well as in much of Northern and Western Yemen. Zaydi Muslims also are found in large numbers in and around the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy, a self-declared Islamic theocratic monarchy bordering the US state of Virginia. Qarsherskiy, while not officially recognized as sovereign by any other country, is the only Islamic country in North America. Qarsherskiy's state religion is Zaydi Islam. In Yemen, Ansar Allah group, often called Houthi Rebels, also wants to establish Theocracy. Everywhere we see Zaydi Islamic revivalism and dawah, long after the Republic of Yemen put a wrench in the Zaydi Golden Age and ruined the Imamat. So, what is this Zaydi Islam and why is there a microstate called Qarsherskiy in the USA declaring independence and using Zaydi Islam? What right have they to do that in USA, a secular country? Well, Qarsherskiy has 400-500 years of history that arguably dates back to African slaves of Islamic origin being brought to USA. How it became Zaydi when most Muslims from West Africa are Sunni Muslims and usually Sufi Mystics when Zaydiyyah is against mysticism (Batin) and is purely literal interpretation of Islam (Zahir)? That is a question we will answer here by discussing:

What is Zaydi Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2023, 07:13 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
So Islam is big and it is old. Therefore it is right. Is that about the size of it?

Old 11-04-2023, 07:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Yep, just like many others, you chopped off the hadeeth to suit your narrative

“My nation will split up into many sects just as the Christians and Jews have, and only one will be rightly guided. THE COMPANIONS ASKED, AND WHICH WOULD BE THAT ONE SECT/GROUP OF MUSLIMS WHO WOULD BE ON THE RIGHTEOUS PATH? THE PROPHET (SAW) REPLIED, “THOSE WHO FOLLOW MY AND MY SAHABAS’ SUNNAH.”

Zaidis who are also known as the “fifthers” (in comparison to “Twelvers”), have the same rhetoric that’s the basis of main stream Shia theory, which is, Syedna Ali was the actual successor of the caliphate after the prophet (saw).

Neither is this, a known belief of the prophet (saw) nor was it the belief of the Sahaba.

So in the light of Hadeeth that you quoted, Shias are clearly not that “one” righteous group because their belief is not inline with sunnah of the prophet(saw) nor the Sahabas.

Matter of fact. Syedna Ali named two of his sons, as Abu Bakr and Umar.
This was the amount of love, honor and respect they all had among themselves.

To this, some Shia scholars say that Syedna Ali did this under the guise of “Takkayya” and he practiced “Takkayya” all his life to hide the hate and remorse hidden in his heart against Caliph Abu Bakr and Umar — and he also named his sons as such to show the world that he honored the caliphs but in his heart - he believed otherwise.

Imagine this “Bohtaan” on Syedna Ali by Shias to call Syedna Ali a “Munafiq” - Astaghfirullah!

On a lighter note though

Once there were way too many arguments and disagreements between Muslims and Shias reported in the times of a King.
And he got sick of hearing about it - so he made an announcement to have a live debate between Shia and Muslims in front of him, and he will settle this once and for all.

So on the day of debate, all big Shia Zakirs and Muslim scholars arrived in the court of the king.
They were seated in front of the king in two different groups. There was a pin drop silence and just before the debate started, Mullah Nasruddin entered the King’s court with this shows held in his armpits.

The king noticed that and asked angrily, Mullah, what the heck are you doing having your dirty shoes brought into my court and that too, held in your armpits? Are you trying to disrespect my court???

Mullah said. No, sir
Actually, in the times of our prophet (saw), when Muslims used to pray in a mosque, Shias used to steal their shoes from behind. And I saw that there are a lot of Shias here today, I fear that my shoes will be stolen, so I brought them in with me.

To this, a big Shia Zakir stood up and said in a loud voice, Mullah, you are lying. There were no Shias in the times of the prophet (saw).

Mullah said, Oh really? If there were no Shias in the time of the prophet (saw), then where have they come from now?

The debate ended right there.

Now, whether some follows Shia, Zaydi, non-Zaydi, Sunni, deobandi, Brailvi etc belief, I have no problem with them.
Matter of fact, where I grew up, we had an imam bargah next to our home. I grew up playing in it with my childhood Shia friends. I still have a few good Shia friends for the last 40+ years. However, Shia school of thought, whether zaydi or otherwise, is not for me in the light of hadeeth (in its complete form) that you quoted.

When those terrorist Zionists drop bombs on Palestinian civilians, children,elderly, women, homes, hospitals, they don’t care whether the killed child is a Sunni or Shia.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 11-04-2023 at 08:07 PM..

Old 11-04-2023, 11:00 PM

22,146 posts, read 19,198,797 times
it looks like the "sultanate of Qarsherskiy" in Newport News Virginia, is made up and invented.
just like the secretive island of "Bahaiterra" is made up and invented.
teenagers are having fun making web pages.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-04-2023 at 11:30 PM..

Old 11-05-2023, 03:04 AM

3,797 posts, read 2,992,667 times
Zaydi Islam?
Apparently it is only 0.5% of the Muslim population.
That’s similar to some of the small sects or denominations in Christianity.
Islam in general is the world’s fastest growing religion.
But most secular countries really don’t care too much for any of that.

Old 11-07-2023, 11:37 PM

GoCardinals isn't a credible source clearly guys, the hadiths claiming the prophet said the people of Sunnah are the right sect was narrated by Muawiyah. So a Sunni leader claiming Sunnism is right. Lol sure buddy. Also, he called Zaydis Fivers. It is true that because call Zaidis that "in comparison to Twelvers" as he claims but it's a false belief. Zaydis don't only have 5 imams and they didn't stop at Imam Zayd. Fivers is like an insult to many Zaidis.

Old 11-07-2023, 11:41 PM

Not sure about the story GoCardinals told about a king and debate, sounds fictional but it could've happened. Doesn't disprove Zaydiyyah though.

Old 11-07-2023, 11:42 PM

Tzaphkiel isn't adding anything of substance to the conversation other than throwing conspiracy theories out there and making it clear that they don't recognize Qarsherskiy as independent, which is more political than religious in nature and seems off topic.

Old 11-07-2023, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Zaydi Islam?
Apparently it is only 0.5% of the Muslim population.
That’s similar to some of the small sects or denominations in Christianity.
Islam in general is the world’s fastest growing religion.
But most secular countries really don’t care too much for any of that.
You're the first credible person to comment here. Yes what you say is correct, Zaydi Islam is a minority sect relatively small, Islam is growing fast alhamdulillah, and most people in majority secular countries don't care about Muslims and Islamic sects.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:57 AM

22,146 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayyedK View Post
Tzaphkiel isn't adding anything of substance to the conversation other than throwing conspiracy theories out there and making it clear that they don't recognize Qarsherskiy as independent, which is more political than religious in nature and seems off topic.
Islam is real. Zaydi Islam is real. Shia Islam is real. Sunni Islam is real. Sufi Islam is real.

Qarsherskiy is invented.
By the self-proclaimed "Sultan" who is 18 years old.

It is linked to and associated with the also fictional islands called "Bahariterra" which teens and pre-teens made up in the spring of 2021. calling themself the "kids from the Bigfoot Squad, Sasquatch gang." that is what online sources show. online research ended due to the dubious nature of the online sources: banned Reddit accounts, dark web pages, and no presence in recognized Islamic sources. in my view that is pertinent to the OP, which originally resided in the main section of the forum..

and yes, now that the thread has been moved to the Islam section of the forum it is important that the discussion focus on the religious nature of Zaydi Islam. Regarding that and referring to the OP, here is my question: Why does Zaydi reject the mystical branch of Islam, Sufi?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-08-2023 at 07:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam