Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christians and Jews be punished (go to hell, etc.) in the next life?
Yes, they will. 0 0%
No, they won't. 3 60.00%
It's complicated. We don't know for sure. 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 03:31 PM

2,805 posts, read 2,707,662 times

Advertisements

Race with one another in hastening towards forgiveness from your Lord (Allah),
and Paradise the width whereof is as the width of the heaven and the earth,
prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Messengers
That is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He is pleased with.
And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.

Last edited by truth_teller; 10-22-2023 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2023, 06:28 PM

Al-Bayhaqi narrated that Abu Dharr said:
I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what will save a person from Hellfire?”
He said, “Belief in Allah.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allah, are there are any deeds that should accompany that belief?”
He said, ‘He should give from that provision which Allah has granted him.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if he is poor and does not have anything to give?”
He said, “He should enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what if he cannot enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil?”
He said, “He should help the one who is helpless (i.e., has no skills and cannot earn a learning).”
I said, “What if he himself is helpless and cannot do anything?”
He said, “He should help one who has been wronged.”
I said, “What if he is weak and cannot help one who has been wronged?”
He said, “You do not want to think of your companion as having any good in him. Let him refrain from harming people.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allah, if he does that, will he enter Paradise?”
He said, “There is no believer who does not strive to acquire one of these characteristics, but I will take him by the hand and lead him into Paradise.”

Old 10-24-2023, 11:42 PM

And among men is he whose speech about the life of this world causes you to wonder,
and he calls on Allah to witness as to what is in his heart, yet he is the most violent of adversaries.
And when he turns back, he runs along in the land that he may cause mischief in it and destroy the tilth and the stock,
and Allah does not love mischief-making.
And when it is said to him, guard against (the punishment of) Allah;
pride carries him off to sin,
therefore hell is sufficient for him;
and certainly it is an evil resting place.

Old 12-15-2023, 05:28 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,966,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Nope. That’s NOT our call.
God can send anyone he wants to Heaven or Hell. And God is not answerable to anyone.

You should ALWAYS have good hopes from God and support your hope by trying to do what’s good and try to avoid what’s bad.

If you TRULY believed in Judaism then it talks about the coming of the messiah - for Christians it’s Jesus - and for Muslims it’s our prophet Muhammad (saw). I am not sure what’s the Judaism take on it as to who is the Messiah? Has he come yet or it’s a prophecy that hasn’t been fulfilled just yet?

A few years ago, I vaguely remember a prominent Rabbi passed away in Israel (Kaduri, I think?) and they showed a small note on a piece of paper where he stated that this Messiah is Jesus.
Looked somewhat unconvincing of a news to me.
What is hell?

Old 12-20-2023, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What is hell?
The hell that is mentioned in the final Holy book the Quran
Allah has promised the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women
and the unbelievers the fire of hell to abide therein;
it is enough for them;
and Allah has cursed them
and they shall have lasting punishment.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:00 AM

3,640 posts, read 68,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I have several Muslim friends and associates and they are all fine people. What I'm wondering is what Muslims believe the fate of Christians and Jews will be in the next life. For the sake of accuracy, I would appreciate it if only Muslims voted on the poll, although everyone is welcome to comment.
It is important to remember that not even so-called Muslims know what their fate will be in the next life. The reason for that is that the Judgment is still to come. And it is not only Jews and Christians but Muslims too will be judged on their behavior on this earth.

The two fundamental requirements for salvation are, (1) believing in God and (2) doing good to the earthly living beings.

Whoever does the above will have salvation.

We all know what is meant by doing good to the earthly living beings (including protection of the earthly environment to sustain life on this earth). But the question is, how does anyone believe in God?

[29.2] Do people think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried/tested?
أَحَسِبَ ٱلنَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوٓا۟ أَن يَقُولُوٓا۟ ءَامَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ

God will test us all who say we believe, and the real believers will be sorted out of the fake believers. God's Judgment is just.

Old 05-25-2024, 03:09 PM

8 posts, read 302 times
God is Alive, I testify and bear witness (to anyone and anything) that God is Alive and that God Exists, God has Commanded man to praise Him as the Most Great (everything in the heavens and earth and in between praise God), none has the right to be worshiped except God, there is no god or deity or divinity but God, God allows and completely honors His outcasted and dejected slaves by allowing them to see Him, God is the King and Lord and Protector and Light of the heavens and earth and everything in them, God is the Most Great, there is no god but God, God is the Most Glorious, God is the Most Glorious!
------------

There exists hell realms, which many have seen, experienced, like the Shamans who visit other realms by going outside their body after taking dmt.

The satanists and dark-magick practioners following their demon masters will be thrown in hell with them, since their used their will to serve evil, and on top of that, they didn't believe.

I don't know for certain of atheists will be punished for the disbelief or not.

If God chooses to punish (I don't know) the disbelievers then they are His creation, and if God doesn't punish them, then God is the Most Good and Most Merciful and Most Forgiving.

May God forgive our sins and show Mercy to us, and to save us from hell or other dark realms, and to bring us salvation (heaven or paradise in the afterlife), or other places of Light.

Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM

64,035 posts, read 40,340,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aed-Marwan View Post
God is Alive, I testify and bear witness (to anyone and anything) that God is Alive and that God Exists, God has Commanded man to praise Him as the Most Great (everything in the heavens and earth and in between praise God), none has the right to be worshiped except God, there is no god or deity or divinity but God, God allows and completely honors His outcasted and dejected slaves by allowing them to see Him, God is the King and Lord and Protector and Light of the heavens and earth and everything in them, God is the Most Great, there is no god but God, God is the Most Glorious, God is the Most Glorious!
------------

There exists hell realms, which many have seen, experienced, like the Shamans who visit other realms by going outside their body after taking dmt.

The satanists and dark-magick practioners following their demon masters will be thrown in hell with them, since their used their will to serve evil, and on top of that, they didn't believe.

I don't know for certain of atheists will be punished for the disbelief or not.

If God chooses to punish (I don't know) the disbelievers then they are His creation, and if God doesn't punish them, then God is the Most Good and Most Merciful and Most Forgiving.

May God forgive our sins and show Mercy to us, and to save us from hell or other dark realms, and to bring us salvation (heaven or paradise in the afterlife), or other places of Light.
God is alive but the commandments to "praise Him as the Most Great" and worship Him for His Glory are the commands of egotistical men. God has no ego and needs nothing from us but love. We are NOT His slaves. We are His children, period. Any Hell we experience will be of our own making and not eternal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam