Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 01:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,298 times

Advertisements

so.. heres the situation,i will explain it and then ask.

I was terminated from my job back in april and applied for unemployment.

I was fired for a alleged HIPPA violation that could not be proven as I do 24 hour care and our clients are in relationships with other clients and disclose information about themselves to eachother.on this praticulary day a female client,who is her own guardian,was wondering about some of her medications and chose to look them up online with her boyfriend present.my employer said that I violated HIPPA by allowing this..in my defense,these two clients talk about everything and do everything together and even the parents of the client said it was fine for her to give out her information.i assumed it was ok as she gave him permission to look them up and so I just observed.my employer did NOT report this to HIPPA as its a "internal violation by there handbook"and not against the law.

I was granted my unemployment. well my employer appealed.

my hearing is on Tuesday and I recived the files my employer submitted for evidence for my hearing.

now I have ran into a few things reading this information that was submitted.

1)there are several things in there that I did not even know about that they have been tracking I have been doing for the past few months that were all,after investigated,unfounded.

2)there are several things in my file from 2 co workers that is'hear say'and just plain not telling the truth of the whole conversations or shifts now at this point I was never asked my dies of any of these allegations in my file nor was my side given.

3)the other files that they submitted were all unfounded after being investigated and I was told that they were no longer in my file.

4)NONE of theses have any relavence to my termination and are not the reason I was fired.

I feel as though if all these are admitted into evidence I am going to spend a whole lot of time justifying myself for things that are irrelevant to my terminiation and my side was never asked nor was it investigated because I do have several other staff to back me up that the aleagations these particular 2 staff stated are further from the truth(one witness that is/will testify).
can they admit these forms into evidence for the hearing if they have nothing to do with my termination?
I am very nervous about this hearing as severl allegations were never investigated but make me look way bad and they really aren't.

help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 12:42 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,423,521 times
IA is a right to work state, which means SCREW the worker, the company can abuse them any way they want! If nothing in that file is realated to your termination, you SHOULD get your UE, but being right doesn't mean anything either. If it's not a reported violation then move on to a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City