Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 03:25 PM

11,043 posts, read 6,875,918 times

Advertisements

I started using my Yahoo email again recently. After a couple weeks, I saw an advert for Yahoo Plus and decided to try it because of all the ads and other perks offered by Plus. Signed up for the trial, never could find "Yahoo Plus" in order to start using it. I called Yahoo and you would absolutely not believe the cluster-f of a conversation I had with some guy who clearly had no clue about the product or how to help. I will leave that alone, not wishing to relive it or inflict it upon anyone else

So I checked my bank statement today, and sure enough they charged my account the $5 per month. Still have no way of actually using Yahoo Plus. It's simply not there.

Send me good thoughts today while I call Yahoo and attempt to get some real answers this time. I may have to call my bank and have the deduction blocked if Yahoo is unable (unwilling?!) to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 03:53 PM

Update: well, it seems once they charged me I was able to click and sign in to Plus without any problems. Sheesh. Never was able to use the so-called "trial". I'm going to inform Yahoo that I want a $5 credit for the non-existent 14-day trial, and in particular because of the unbelievable cluster-f of a conversation I had for over 30 mins. without a resolution.

Old 04-22-2024, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
What is Yahoo Plus?
Yahoo Plus is a collection of individual subscriptions that take your Yahoo experience to the next level. Do you use Yahoo Mail? Subscribe to Yahoo Mail Plus and get added features like an ad-free inbox. Sports fanatic? Subscribe to Yahoo Fantasy Plus and get research tools and trade insight. Get more of what you love with Yahoo Plus.
What are Yahoo Plus perks?
By signing up for an eligible Yahoo Plus subscription, you'll automatically get added perks: Ad-Free for seeing fewer ads across the Yahoo network and Tech Support for your issues relating to your account. All this in addition to the great features included with the subscription itself. The following subscriptions include both perks:
Yahoo Mail Plus (web)
Yahoo Plus Protect Home.
Ad-Lite is not offered with the following subscriptions:
Yahoo Mail Plus (apps)
Yahoo Fantasy Plus (web)
Yahoo Plus Protect Mobile
Enjoy 24/7 Account Support with all Yahoo Plus subscriptions where you can get help with general account inquiries.

Yahoo Mail Plus page: https://www.yahoo.com/plus/mail?ncid...ooplus-landing (Note that there are login links at the top of most pages, plus comparison of free vs Plus accounts on this particular page).
During the so-called "trial" I was unable to click on anything at all in order to access Plus. As soon as my account was charged, it appeared. So much for the purported 14-day "trial".

As for ads, they are now not showing. I have Yahoo Plus for Mail.

Old 04-22-2024, 04:04 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
What is Yahoo Plus?
Yahoo Plus is a collection of individual subscriptions that take your Yahoo experience to the next level. Do you use Yahoo Mail? Subscribe to Yahoo Mail Plus and get added features like an ad-free inbox. Sports fanatic? Subscribe to Yahoo Fantasy Plus and get research tools and trade insight. Get more of what you love with Yahoo Plus.
What are Yahoo Plus perks?
By signing up for an eligible Yahoo Plus subscription, you'll automatically get added perks: Ad-Free for seeing fewer ads across the Yahoo network and Tech Support for your issues relating to your account. All this in addition to the great features included with the subscription itself. The following subscriptions include both perks:
Yahoo Mail Plus (web)
Yahoo Plus Protect Home.
Ad-Lite is not offered with the following subscriptions:
Yahoo Mail Plus (apps)
Yahoo Fantasy Plus (web)
Yahoo Plus Protect Mobile
Enjoy 24/7 Account Support with all Yahoo Plus subscriptions where you can get help with general account inquiries.

Yahoo Mail Plus page: https://www.yahoo.com/plus/mail?ncid...ooplus-landing (Note that there are login links at the top of most pages, plus comparison of free vs Plus accounts on this particular page).
What is the purpose of this post? It doesn't address the OP's situation. I had a similar problem in trying to sign up for Yahoo Plus. There's no way to cancel once you sign up (this makes it look like a scam), and once you provide your cc info, you get a window that says Yahoo Plus isn't functional right now. So I, too, had to call my cc company to see if I was charged after the 2-week free period. I wasn't, but the OP was.

Old 04-22-2024, 04:16 PM

Yes, of course it's ok for general information. That page did me no good when I looked at it after starting the trial. Or I should say, none of those pages (links).

Old 04-22-2024, 04:24 PM

111 posts, read 58,079 times
That's fine. I've deleted my messages - feel free to edit yours to delete my comments. Ruth4Truth can do the same.

Old 04-22-2024, 04:25 PM

It's OK, there was no offense intended. I think you should have left them up because it could help some people, but it's your choice.

Old 04-22-2024, 04:26 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,802,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
As for ads, they are now not showing. I have Yahoo Plus for Mail.

I have had Yahoo mail (no plus) for 25 years. I get no ads because I use uBlock Origin (also free).

Old 04-22-2024, 04:28 PM

I've wondered about uBlock Origin. I'll check it out. Apparently Plus has other perks, listed on the page that Paul linked. Ability to organize better, and other things.

And now... ads are coming in again on my email. Yahoo clearly needs to get it together.

Old 04-22-2024, 04:33 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
I have had Yahoo mail (no plus) for 25 years. I get no ads because I use uBlock Origin (also free).
What's that?(bolded) It sounds miraculous. I hate most of those ads (the Chinese ones and Temu).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet