Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,868 times

Advertisements

What part of leash laws do people not understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 08:14 AM

85 posts, read 238,865 times
no kidding! One doesn't need to say much to understand your thoughts.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,868 times
How nice it would be if I could take my dog for a walk without worrying about an accident due to people ignoring the leash law. My neighbors let their dogs out the front door to roam around, and use the neighborhood as their dog's potty ground. I have the luck of approaching these dogs to my surprise which results in my dog going into the fight, or flight mode even though my dog is on a leash. This has actually resulted in me falling. Asking the neighbors to respect the leash law seems to provoke them to ignore it even more. One neighbor has a beagle, one has two cocker spaniels, & yikes one has a rottweiler all roaming freely in the same neighborhood. Where is animal control when you need them? Their citations do not help only result in furious neighbors!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 16,287 times
Wow, I don't know where you live, but I haven't found this to be a problem in Evansville at all.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,018 times
in the town i live in people let there Chihuahuas and labs and Boston terriers run free in there front yard and then they wonder y my German shepherd is always barking and growling at their dogs when their dogs come running at me well keep your dogs on a leash it makes me mad that my dog has to be on a leash but others can't respect the leash laws and keep theirs on their leashes i mean what would happen if my German shepherd grabs a hold of someones chihuahua or Boston terrier then i get in trouble for my dog biting someones dog when this could be avoided by following a simple law

Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 AM

46 posts, read 104,720 times
A lot of people in my neighborhood have invisible fences so it appears the dogs are running free. It does not make it easier to walk my dogs however. A visible fence they can walk beside and ignore a barking dog without difficulty, however with an invisible fence my dog does not understand that the other dog charging us can not leave its yard. This is extremely dangerous because I have 2 Great Danes, that although well behaved on leashes they have natural instincts to protect me and themselves. I have ended up on the ground more then once because of "yappy dogs" that were not being restrained or even watched by their owners. A fence invisible or otherwise is not an excuse to allow your dog to be a menace to the neighbor hood. All dogs bark, however it only takes a responsible owner seconds to bring the dog in the house once the barking starts. The dogs will quickly connect bark means inside and the endless yapping will stop. With great restraint my dogs have never hurt a smaller dog but they have firmly subdued them, this however is still very frightening for an owner of a smaller dog, yet they still allow the dogs to stand out side and continuously bark and challenge every animal they see. I now make every attempt to walk my dogs only in the evenings and do a lot off crossing side to side on the road just to avoid these houses.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:40 AM

369 posts, read 683,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kingdomcom View Post
What part of leash laws do people not understand?
Maybe because there is no state "leash law." There might be local city, town, or country ordinances though:

IC 15-20-1-4(c)

(c) This subsection does not apply to a nonaggressive dog that goes beyond the owner's premises onto agricultural or forested land. An owner of a dog commits a Class D infraction if the owner of the dog allows the dog to stray beyond the owner's premises, unless the dog is under the reasonable control of an individual or the dog is engaged in lawful hunting and accompanied by the owner or a custodian of the dog. However, the offense is a Class C infraction if the owner has a prior unrelated judgment for a violation of this subsection.

As you can see, there is no "leash law." A dog is allowed to be off leash, so long as it is under "reasonable control of an individual."

Old 03-16-2011, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,621 times
I LOVE dogs, however I am having a problem with one of my neighbors. The lady just lets her two yappy dogs roam the neighborhood at all hours of the day. Her two dogs have pooped all over my sidewalk, dug up my flower garden (which was expensive) and now they have tore up two of my screens in my windows. This isnt even the worst, her dogs come to my bedroom window and bark and bark, getting my two dogs riled up. I just dont understand, I would be embarrassed if my dogs acted like that. I hate to call animal control, because I believe that dogs behavior reflects from their training, or in this case, lack of. Ive tried to talk to her and she just gets mad, so unless I want my house completely tore up, it looks like I only have one option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana