Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,453 times

Advertisements

I recently visited family in the State of Tennessee, and I was at a flea market. I found Cochran end table from the early 1900's can you give me and information on pricing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 5,440 times
We have a small, octagonal shaped table. It is two-tiered, with a ornate panel on every other side. It is otherwise open between the two tiers. The bottom part which has the panels attached, swivels separately from the top. The spindle is turned and has 4 feet. There is a label on the bottom from the Cochran Chair Co., of Aurora, IN. I can't find anything like it anyplace on the internet. Does anyone have a clue what this table was used for? Or of its value?

Old 09-26-2014, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,280 times
I have a Cochran Rocking Chair with a red spring seat. The label says it was made in Aurora Indiana and it is chair #667. I know a little bit about the company but does anyone know how to research this chair regarding the year and possible value.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 5,153 times
Default Great Aunt Lena's Gift

I have two occasional chairs with the sown Cochran Chair Company name and info on each. I could attach a picture but can't paste. How can you attach a picture? Since I have registered how do I do that?Cochran Chair Company-imagejpeg_2.jpg I think I have posted the image.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperDollar View Post
Originally called the Cochran Furniture Company. Named after the city of Cochran, Indiana. Labels on the underside/backside of their chairs/furniture indicated the manufacturing site as Cochran Indiana. In 1875 Cochran Indiana merged with Aurora Indiana and the labels reflect the city of Aurora, Indiana on the labels. Later, I don't know exactly when, the Cochran Furniture Company changed their name to the Cochran Chair Company. I am presently researching the history of this company. I do know that the Cochran Chair Company is no longer in business. The building is still there, so I've been told, and is vacant. I recently purchased a rocking chair from the Cochran Furniture Company and I estimate it to be about 150 years old.

I have a complete dining room set with chairs, table and buffet that was manufactured by the Cochran Chair Company, Aurora, Indiana. It has been in my family since the early 1930's. Are you still researching the Cochran Chair Company? I would love to know any information you might be willing to share.

Thank you.....

Old 03-28-2015, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,981 times
I have an old dark brown, smallish, high lyre back chair with original finish. Label on bottom of seat in good condition says " Central Chair Co., cor Georgia & Missouri St, Indiannapolis, Ind. Chair No. " (cannot make #, looks like "6"). Chair still very sturdy. Any info on it?

Old 08-24-2015, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,830 times
Default I inherited four cochran dining room chairs that my grandparents bought used in 1917

I INHERITED FOUR COCHRAN DINING ROOM CHAIRS THAT MY GRANDPARENTS BOUGHT USED IN 1917

I CAN FIND NO USE FOR THEM AND HAVE STARTED LOOKING TO SELL THEM.

HERE IS MY CRAIGSLIST AD WITH DESCRIPTION AND PICTURES: [url=http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/atq/5188069192.html]ANTIQUE DINING RM CHAIRS, 98 YEARS OLD, COCHRAN CHAIR CO.[/url]

IF WHAT I'M READING HERE IS TRUE ABOUT THE LABELS, THEN THESE CHAIRS WERE MADE PRIOR TO 1900.

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN THESE OLD, OAK CHAIRS. NOT FANCY, JUST STURDY AND OLD. APPRAISED AT $250 EACH. SELLING ALL FOUR CHAIRS FOR $400.

LANE HUDSON
DES PLAINES, IL
708-373-0937

Old 10-05-2015, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,743 times
I have a drop leaf table that I recently obtained. Its very sturdy and in good condition. It has 2 small drawers and on the bottom of one of the drawers is a label that is still legible. It says Mckim & Cochran, Madison, Ind. It also says American made, black walnut. There is no date or #. Can anyone give me any info on this nice little table, I can't seem to find anything on this.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,534 times
I just purchased 6 small chairs at a thrift store and they have Cochran Chair Company on the paper label underneath the chair along with the number 1560. Do you know anything about how old they are?

Old 09-22-2016, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,342 times
Default Cochran chair co. Table and chairs

I have a captains chair and five chairs without arms. They have weaved basket seats. There is also a table with two drop leaves and one drawer. Under the drawer is a label that says Cochran chair company, Aurora Indiana, number 1586, finish line is too hard to read and cover says nothing. There is a shield shaped emblem with three C's on it. I was told it is from the early 1900s. The chairs need new seating and as far as I know there is one crack in the captains chair that has been repaired. I am curious how much it all is worth. I have done much research and find hardly anything. Thank you for any information or interest. palletkingredding@att.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana